Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I've always wanted to have Barkley in FPL have had some times but he keeps getting dropped at Chelsea. There's very good reason for wanting him in fantasy and that's regular goals and assists. Loved the goal he scored in cup game the other day. Barely any backlift on the shot and absolutely rippled the net

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I was told loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up a chunk of the wages. The info was spot on about us getting him so I’ve no reason to think they won’t be right on this part.

Let's hope so. Great way around FFP and potentially a brilliant midfield for a number of years if it works out.

This guy is quality, very much looking forward to seeing what he can do! 

Hoping there's a clause to buy, because if he plays well for us the fee will rocket up, same thing happened with Mings and we had to pay through the nose for that mistake. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again, but either way we have another quality player in for this season at least, and he should be hungry with the Euro's around the corner too. 

• Like 2

Pleased with this. Strong, agile and attacking prowess in his playing style. He'll improve our midfield for sure. And I hope he's better than the last Ross we had at the club ...

... although, to be fair, Ross from Friends would've been better than McCormack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Mcginn Luiz Barkley

Traore Watkins Grealish 

Not many teams will enjoy playing us this season!

8 players from the British Isles in that 11, that must be quite a high % compared to other teams in the Prem and the others have been in the country a while now.

It doesn't mean much, but surely just from a language/culture point of view, it'll be easier to bed into the team? 

We did a similar thing with our team with Barry, Milner, Young, Gabby - English spine - hoping we can reciprocate those heady top 6 days! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I was told loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up a chunk of the wages. The info was spot on about us getting him so I’ve no reason to think they won’t be right on this part.

Would thought Villa would have been communcating this if so, as even more of a positive. Hope you're right mate.....still a great signing regardless.

44 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Is it permanent or on loan?

Aside from chat on Villa Talk, this is well out of the blue...

Obviously chuffed though!

Where else would you expect to find reliable Villa transfer news? ;) 

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Would thought Villa would have been communcating this if so, as even more of a positive. Hope you're right mate.....still a great signing regardless.

I'd have thought that which details of a transfer are made public is something which is decided between the two clubs as part of any negotiations. There's no way Chelsea are going to want to admit that they are paying an amount of his wages and I'd imagine there's a fair chance they might not want any option to buy to be made public either.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

I'd have thought that which details of a transfer are made public is something which is decided between the two clubs as part of any negotiations. There's no way Chelsea are going to want to admit that they are paying an amount of his wages and I'd imagine there's a fair chance they might not want any option to buy to be made public either.

Valid point, mate. 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, soezetoc said:

So is he available against Liverpool... minutes against Stoke?

surely yes...has been playing a bit this season so presumably isn't far off 100% fitness anyway

Â