Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Now I’ve had an hour to digest the news, I can safely say I am delighted with this signing. 

I really wanted him in, and so happy we managed to get it done. He’s going to be a fantastic player for us. 

Hopefully an option to buy is available for next summer. 

• Like 2

If a straight loan was the only way to get him, then better on a loan than not to get him at all. 

Gives us a year to find a great replacement and helps with FFP as well.   Also, if he can help push us into the top half of the table, it brings more options of players next summer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, zab6359 said:

Doubt it why? The board have stated loans are not in the long term plan. Pretty sure there will be.

Different level of player. Not a young up an coming player that we are developing for the parent club e.g. Tammy, Axel at the time. Exeperienced player with genine top six ability - RB may want to use the loan to get back to his best and see what else is ut there for him. IMO of course.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This is the sort of the ambition that convinced Jack to commit. Loan or not, it frees up more funds for other deals, and is a massive sign of intent. The reaction of Chelsea fans tell us everything. He's a bonafide England international too.

It gives our midfield such options and takes the pressure off of Jack in terms of attacking creativity.

Compared to last season, we are far less one dimesional moving forward.

I hope that it's a way of getting around the financial fair play side of things and that we have something in place to sign him permanently in a year. If he does as well as everyone seems to be expecting it'll be a right bastard to hand him back over and try to sign someone else to keep up the standards. And i'm also hoping that we have funds for another deal, specifically another winger before the deadline.

So thrilled with Ross Barkley... he’s a major talent and still only 26. I’m not too worried if there is no option to buy, it would be better if we did have an option but that might’ve meant we pick up the full wages for the season loan... it’s all a balance isn’t it. I do trust our management and recruitment these days so I think they’ll have got the best deal we could.

Great get this. At the very minimum he is excellent depth and cover for both jack and John. It will allow us to take them off when we a re winning games. Gives us more energy in midfield to take back victory and makes us more versatile. Hopefully if he is playing mcginn drops deeper.

Now we just need a LW so we can play jack in midfield or out wide and we can bring ginny or barkley off the bench. We get that we are in to 10-8 range imo. A Lb and we could be pushing for Europe (if Everton weren't so **** good right now) 

Â