Ross Barkley

LondonLax

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Reminds me of that song. To the tune of the laughing policeman, " there was a certain team by the name of Birmingham, they got knocked out the FA Cup by Alex Stock's Fulham, it was in the final minute, the referee blew up, ans now those blue and white bastards are out the FA Cup, ha, ha, ha,. 

I was just thinking of posting the very same!! Happy days. 

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

to be honest i'm glad of this U turn. it's a romantic notion that we wont be developing anyone else's players without a buy option but until we're top half, top 8, Europe etc we need suck it up and get the occasional loan in.

Even then, there's still value in the loan system.

Achraf Hakimi was on-loan at Dortmund from Madrid for the last 2 years, Dani Ceballos at Arsenal, Coutinho and Perisic at Bayern, Icardi at PSG, Bale at Spurs...

The top 4 clubs in the PL worry less about FFP,  but for everyone else the loan market is a vital part of building for success.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I was told loan with option to buy and Chelsea picking up a chunk of the wages. The info was spot on about us getting him so I’ve no reason to think they won’t be right on this part.

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gregg Evans believes no buy option included. Hope he's wrong. 

If it's between Trent info and Evans' usual guessing there's only one winner.

I think if it's there it's probably pretty high. I'd guess £25-35m. But that stops up getting held over a barrel for £50m if he has a blinding season.

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've always wanted to have Barkley in FPL have had some times but he keeps getting dropped at Chelsea. There's very good reason for wanting him in fantasy and that's regular goals and assists. Loved the goal he scored in cup game the other day. Barely any backlift on the shot and absolutely rippled the net

And currently priced 5.9 😍

I think this is one of those win, win situations where everyone comes out smelling of roses.

I think he will get his mojo back with us.......I love how most of the team are around the 25 bracket.....hows that for bonding and team spirit.

Southgate will be getting a season ticket.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think this is one of those win, win situations where everyone comes out smelling of roses.

I think he will get his mojo back with us.......I love how most of the team are around the 25 bracket.....hows that for bonding and team spirit.

Southgate will be getting a season ticket.

Southgate will play Mount instead! 😆 

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I typed “jealous of villa” in twitter search and hit latest. Feels good

Ooh, lemme see, brb.

EDIT : Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

allt4.jpg

• Haha 4

I don’t think Purslow’s promise about no loans to develop other teams players applies to Barkley really. At his age Barkley is as developed as he’s ever going to be really and he isn’t struggling for fitness or form like the disastrous Drinkwater loan. I hope there is an option to buy but if we got 1 or 2 loans of this quality every year, I’d still think that’s a pretty good way to run a club.

Very good signing. Quality and very much improves our midfield.

A shame its only on loan, but lets see what happens, but if he plays well (a) go back to Chelsea, or if we are successful he will (b) be very expensive to buy a la Mings. I suppose its a problem worth havving though.

Next Rashica or Edouard.... (Rashica is allegedly done)

Even if there is no option to buy, let's no underestimate player power here. If Barkley is starting regularly, playing well and enjoying his football, he'll want to make the move permanent, rather than going back to the Chelsea bench.

Same happened with Mings. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Villa have got some player!

Southgate will have to visit the Villa on a regular basis now to watch what should be the spine of the England team.

Southgate will do well to ignore Jack now...he will probably have to twist his body so he cant see the left side of the pitch.

Thats going to end up in a visit to the chiropractor! 

Â