Ross Barkley

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gregg Evans believes no buy option included. Hope he's wrong. 

Probably means little today anyway. If he plays every week and loving it and angles for a move Chelsea could cut their losses and get good fee and everyone wins 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

This guy is a top class player. Hourihane isn't going to start many this season, but is good to have as an impact sub, as he always has the nak of scoring or assisting. 

Funnily enough, still our current team top scorer ,( thanks to BOF's diligent work on his goal scoring table) He just needs to contribute as a squad member now and not as a guaranteed first teamer.

However, it gives Dean options to change a game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Goes against what Purslow stated a couple of seasons ago.. 

We will not be signing loan players as it doesn't make business sense, or words to that effect.

As per other post, different level of player and different scenario here - not a young player who we would be developing for the parent club. Established player, top 6 etc this time. Med/Long term you could arge that even without option it makes very good business sense in regards to the improvement we may achieve as a Club and how that changes other players pereceptions of us going forward. For where we are right now and the financial limitations we have, it is an excellent signing irrespective of the structure of the deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Goes against what Purslow stated a couple of seasons ago.. 

We will not be signing loan players as it doesn't make business sense, or words to that effect.

to be honest i'm glad of this U turn. it's a romantic notion that we wont be developing anyone else's players without a buy option but until we're top half, top 8, Europe etc we need suck it up and get the occasional loan in. RB would've cost upwards of 20m easily which we probably don't have the FFP headroom to do.

and just because there's no option to buy in place, it doesn't mean we CAN'T buy him at end of the season. i'm well happy with this, loan or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TRO said:

Funnily enough, still our current team top scorer ,( thanks to BOF's diligent work on his goal scoring table) Conor just needs to contribute as a squad member now and not as a guaranteed first teamer.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great signing and a much better uograde than conor and lansbury

No point in even mentioning Lansbury. Really don’t see him as a Villa player. Just picking up a wage. I honestly think we only give him minutes in the cup in the hope we can get him out on a loan. Personally I think it’s unfair in even mentioning Hourihane with Lansbury, he’s been a good player for us since signing. Whilst Lansbury has done virtually nothing. Although of course you are right, Barkley is a big upgrade.

Barkley will hopefully be a great signing. Certainly a statement signing, and one people will sit up and take notice of. Fingers crossed Trent is right and there will be an option to buy for a set fee that’s already agreed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Funnily enough, still our current team top scorer ,( thanks to BOF's diligent work on his goal scoring table) He just needs to contribute as a squad member now and not as a guaranteed first teamer.

i imagine he looked at his bench vs sheff utd and quckly turned back to watch the game. the 3 in midfield weren't doing it that night but he had no one to turn to. now he'll have conor (presumably). hell of a lot better option than nakamba or lansbury.

• Like 1

Does probably mean Ramsey not getting much air time for the next couple of months or so (until injuries/fatigue start setting in) but gives us a massive step up in quality for both the first team and the bench (assuming he replaces Conor).

Great loan,  doesn't significantly help Chelsea (and actually hurts them based on what some fans are saying),  massively helps us.  Great business. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

Does probably mean Ramsey not getting much air time for the next couple of months or so (until injuries/fatigue start setting in) but gives us a massive step up in quality for both the first team and the bench (assuming he replaces Conor).

Great loan,  doesn't significantly help Chelsea (and actually hurts them based on what some fans are saying),  massively helps us.  Great business. 

i imagine ramsey's fate depends on whether we can sell/loan out lansbury. i can see him staying with us if lansbury goes.

Â