Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

£16,5M is quite lower than the first reported £20M, if Brentford wants a similar fee for Benrahma that they got for Watkins

I just don’t think any PL teams rate Benrahma that highly. For whatever reason as I think he looks class... that’s two summers now that no-one has even bid for him.

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I don't think we've had more than one or two "Bert's" play for our club, ever.

Good old fashioned English name, Bert ;)

Hence my comment upthread about wanting Fred at RB behind him. Stuff yer Jaydens and the like. Fred and Bert, that's what it's all about. 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 20:56, jimmygreaves said:

Reminds me of Kanu at Arsenal.

This seems a good shout.  Though perhaps without Kanu's vision and poise, which may itself be a reflection of early 2000s Arsenal.

With my, depressingly now fairly limited, knowledge of football beyond the Premier League, the first player I thought of was a right-footed, less silky, more gangly Juan Cuadrado.  A wind him up and watch him go kinda player.  Obviously a notch or two below.  This is, admittedly, based solely on recently-watched Youtube compilations.  And I was convinced Cuadrado was going to smash English football...

Our transfers in the Premier League are some of the more fascinating out there.  It isn't as obvious as it is with other teams precisely what Smith is aspiring to create with his team.  Which I suppose could be a bad thing.  Smith does seems to, very astutely in my view, appreciate quick, potent feet however.  Must have been drunk when assessing Hause and Trez though.  Traore has the look of one of those unusual, almost unnatural-looking players.  It can be hard to tell the difference, again in the limited clips, between Traore rambling with his feet or setting up an incisive burst.  Maybe he isn't sure himself?  But such players can be striking wildcards, the counter-intuitive attack keeping defenders perpetually on edge.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one, and certainly more excited about seeing Traore in action than I thought I would be.

4 hours ago, Shomin Geki said:

Our transfers in the Premier League are some of the more fascinating out there.  It isn't as obvious as it is with other teams precisely what Smith is aspiring to create with his team

Curious what you mean here. As I see it he’s very clearly looking to build a team with a defined but mobile striker, two goalscoring forwards playing on their ‘inverted’ foot and focused on getting goals, with the width coming from full backs, and between those lines of attack a hardworking midfield of technically good and creative players.

Whether he’s getting it right we will see but I think that’s definitely the intention.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Curious what you mean here. As I see it he’s very clearly looking to build a team with a defined but mobile striker, two goalscoring forwards playing on their ‘inverted’ foot and focused on getting goals, with the width coming from full backs, and between those lines of attack a hardworking midfield of technically good and creative players.

Whether he’s getting it right we will see but I think that’s definitely the intention.

Yeah I think you could see the same intention last year when we had Grealish in midfield but he quickly realised Wesley, El Ghazi and Trez we’re not going to score enough!

8 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I just don’t think any PL teams rate Benrahma that highly. For whatever reason as I think he looks class... that’s two summers now that no-one has even bid for him.

It is interesting as to why...

I would bid for him now this Rashica thing has dragged out way too long 

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

To add to this, everyone signed so far excluding Martinez is versatile and adept at multiple positions. They're fast so they'd be able to counter attack well, they can swap places with each other so Smith could change formations during matches, etc.

I think he's been very clever so far.

• Like 1

Reading from reports, what is the most frustrating thing with this guy is his poor decision making. Probably the most important attribute on a football pitch.

Doesn't matter if you've got ability. Do not make stupid decisions on a football pitch.

If the coaching staff can improve this then great. If not..

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Reading from reports, what is the most frustrating thing with this guy is his poor decision making. Probably the most important attribute on a football pitch.

Doesn't matter if you've got ability. Do not make stupid decisions on a football pitch.

If not.. then we’ll still have a fast, tricky player that will occupy defences and take a lot of pressure off of Jack. Traoré can finish, his goal record is good for a winger, so although he might not be perfect, he’s still enough of a threat to be an asset to the team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hong0311 said:

Thiago played this weekend despite signing two days ago. However I do smell that Traoré might need a bit more time settling in.

Totally different levels, plus fitness I would assume.

Thiago makes football look easy.

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I thought the announcement by the club was that he’d signed ‘subject to international clearance’ ... has that come through now? If not, he won’t be able to play even if he’d been here weeks. 

You’re right, it did say subject to international clearance. No idea if that’s happened now, I’m guessing not and that we won’t see him tonight. Unless... maybe it has come through and he’ll be a surprise name on the bench to throw on at the end. I’ve no idea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You’re right, it did say subject to international clearance. No idea if that’s happened now, I’m guessing not and that we won’t see him tonight. Unless... maybe it has come through and he’ll be a surprise name on the bench to throw on at the end. I’ve no idea. 

I don’t know how long these things take, I remember with Wes last year the announcement to international clearance took weeks... but I suppose each case is different.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Read reports you are sad can you confirm or deny?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Just saying that Balotelli, Antonio and Carroll has scored many goals in PL, none of those have great decision making :) 

Edited by MentalM
tons = many

Â