Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I'll be honest, I didn't watch a single Lyon game last season that wasn't either against PSG or in the CL and he didn't play more than a few minutes in any of the ones I watched. That said, I have to say the stats suggest he really didn't perform as badly as their fans would have us believe:

spacer.png

Of their entire squad, he was ranked 2nd for xA/90 and Barca are trying to get the guy ranked ahead of him. 0.26 xG/90 is alright as well for a winger.

I for one can't wait to see what he can do for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

lol what? Trezeguet gets plenty of shit on here and plenty were okay with us selling him during the summer despite how important his goals were for us whilst Mcginn gets excused a lot on the "he wasn't fully fit" excuse.

This is true but opinions on VT are often very different to the rest of our fanbase as a whole. Trez is very popular with posters on Villa facebook groups for example, a fair few seem to think that Traore will arrive as second choice behind Trez.

39 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I'll be honest, I didn't watch a single Lyon game last season that wasn't either against PSG or in the CL and he didn't play more than a few minutes in any of the ones I watched. That said, I have to say the stats suggest he really didn't perform as badly as their fans would have us believe:

spacer.png

Of their entire squad, he was ranked 2nd for xA/90 and Barca are trying to get the guy ranked ahead of him. 0.26 xG/90 is alright as well for a winger.

I for one can't wait to see what he can do for us.

He did underperformed his xg but I also think it is unfair to criticise him for it. When you are only really given the opportunity to score 3 or 4 times over 20 games of course it is going to be hard to consistently finish them off. 

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Fair enough. To be honest I think I'd have to go back and watch all of his goals to see how much of the goal he created in each case to see how persuasive I find your argument though, because I'm not sure I remember enough about them to judge it properly right now.

edit: wrong player

Edited by Keyblade

52 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

This is true but opinions on VT are often very different to the rest of our fanbase as a whole. Trez is very popular with posters on Villa facebook groups for example, a fair few seem to think that Traore will arrive as second choice behind Trez.

Just can't see that, given the fee and pedigree.  To me he looks like a proper flyer - which should stretch defences and create space for Jack and Ollie - and his inverted (left footed RW) style should work perfectly in combination with Cash's overlapping.  We are going from probably one of the slowest teams in the PL to one of the quickest with Trore, Watkins and Cash coming in.

I can't wait to see him play and still keeping my fingers crossed that we will see a Traore - Watkins - Rashica front three.

Don't quite get the links to Sarr though, who is another flyer but also plays off the RW?

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

lol what? Trezeguet gets plenty of shit on here and plenty were okay with us selling him during the summer despite how important his goals were for us whilst Mcginn gets excused a lot on the "he wasn't fully fit" excuse.

And the truth in both cases is somewhere in the middle, as per usual. As it will be with Traore, I expect. 

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

shocked mr bean GIF

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

There really is nothing dumber than a Villa Facebook group.

• Haha 3

I think Traore will be a marked improvement on Trezeguet, will go as far to say that Traore's current array of skill and finishing ability is considerably better than Trezeguet's.

Hoping Traore's ceiling for development hasn't been reached either. I think he'll do just fine as he is coming into this side, though to be a standout act he'll have to grow.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

BCFC will be up for this tonight, will be a good game to start off. 

I'll be honest, he's probably the only reason I parted with a tenner to watch this

38 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think Traore will be a marked improvement on Trezeguet, will go as far to say that Traore's current array of skill and finishing ability is considerably better than Trezeguet's.

Hoping Traore's ceiling for development hasn't been reached either. I think he'll do just fine as he is coming into this side, though to be a standout act he'll have to grow.

Not difficult, if he can control the ball and hold onto it for more than 2 seconds he’ll be miles better. And take on & go past a player occasionally too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Not difficult, if he can control the ball and hold onto it for more than 2 seconds he’ll be miles better. And take on & go past a player occasionally too.

Yeah, agreed, unfortunately.

Trezeguet runs hard and I appreciate his commitment to effort. It actually goes a long way over 90 minutes of play.

AEG should've made the starting spot his, but he didn't.

Â