Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm just guessing here, but maybe it’s because they've watched him play football? 

I call bs on good stats as well. 

But we'll see. Best of luck to him. At least he has a bit of pace or turn of pace even, and directness about him. Deffo needed. 

A goal contribution every 2.5 games, when a lot of them were off the bench, isn't a bad return. Say what you want about his last season, it was clear he was out of favour already by then.

It could go either way, but he gets the benefit of the doubt for a couple of months at least as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Really happy with this one. Some people seemingly need a bit of reality check regarding our current situation especially regarding our wide options.

Finally some pace and trickery to genuinely threaten teams on the break! Teams felt far too comfortable with high lines against us last year and we just didn't/couldn't punish.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, penguin said:

Really happy with this one. Some people seemingly need a bit of reality check regarding our current situation especially regarding our wide options.

Finally some pace and trickery to genuinely threaten teams on the break! Teams felt far too comfortable with high lines against us last year and we just didn't/couldn't punish.

yeah, watkins is no slouch either, so hopefully watkins & traore will really help us on the break.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No chance IMO. 

He's coming here because he's been told he is a key player on that right wing for us.

I am not implying he is Trez’s understudy, he looks to have more in his locker than Trez, but I don’t see it as clear cut i.e. that he isn’t a nailed on starter. From what I’ve heard he has talent but is inconsistent, so beleive genuine competition in the camp is good, he is obviously quick and tricky, he also allegedly has good defensive qualities (which doesn’t align with some Lyon fans and the coach’s view?). I think we could yet sign Buendia, adding more competition for right sided players. I think we are assembling a squad that can have different formations and he is part of that. 

Edited by thunderball

7 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So you’re saying don’t sign for Chelsea?

Just a mere coincidence, but makes you think sure......Tammy might be next.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'm just stunned that anyone can be negative about this.

His stats are good. He's played for big teams. He's at the right age and he has attributes we are screaming out for. 

Its a great signing. 

I will keep my powder dry, by watching him play first.....but his attributes are encouraging and something we are crying out for.

not sure either way, how conclusions can be formed, until we see him play for us.

I have to say a player with pace in his reputation is encouraging.....we have been so short of it up front.

We are finally getting competition for places, which should improve everyone....it should in theory improve consistency.

I am not ruling out anyone.....but they now realise the shirt is not a given.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, robby b said:

These clips show that he's not just pace, they also show his high level of skill with plenty of really good ball control. And he's more twisty and turny than a twisty, turny thing! Tony Morley-esque.

Seeing this is much more promising than the highlight videos. He offers a completely different dynamic to what we have and we sorely need a player like that. Teams seem to back off him because of his pace and double team him when he has the ball. I'm thinking that Dean and the team think he'd work really well with Cash or Guilbert bombing on. Seems unselfish with the ball too.

im looking forward to seeing what hes capable of when he gets up to speed.

he may be inconsistent or erratic (we will see), but regardless, he is clearly direct, runs with the ball, tries things and at least tries to make something happen.

That alone will make him an upgrade on our current RW options.

Welcome Bernie, hope you do well for us.

However I am slightly concerned that although we have spent bigger this window., we still haven't really brought in much PL experience. 4 signings, 80 odd million and a grand total of 25 premier league appearances between them. Yes I know there are plenty of good players outside the prem and having lost of prem games does not make you a automatically a good player but it was something that we lacked last year and we haven't really resolved that.

Â