Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Only issue I have in these highlight videos and Lyon fan comments is he seems very one dimensional; Always looking to cut in from them right-wing and get a shot off as he is all left foot. I’m excited to see him in action though, he’ll stretch teams and give them something else to worry about while Jack is floating around causing mischief.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Only issue I have in these highlight videos and Lyon fan comments is he seems very one dimensional; Always looking to cut in from them right-wing and get a shot off as he is all left foot. I’m excited to see him in action though, he’ll stretch teams and give them something else to worry about while Jack is floating around causing mischief.

This is why Cash has such a part to play in how well Traore does

• Like 3

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Arjen Robben says hi... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No chance IMO. 

He's coming here because he's been told he is a key player on that right wing for us.

I think given his lack of recent playing time we won't see him starting against Sheffield Utd and it would be a shocking indictment on our other options if he did. A sub appearance, followed by a week of training and he'll be starting next weekend no doubt, but throwing him in without having played a game for over 2 months would be madness, if only from a risking injury perspective. 

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I think given his lack of recent playing time we won't see him starting against Sheffield Utd and it would be a shocking indictment on our other options if he did. A sub appearance, followed by a week of training and he'll be starting next weekend no doubt, but throwing him in without having played a game for over 2 months would be madness, if only from a risking injury perspective. 

Yeah I don't think he'll play Monday.

When he's ready he will be used. I just don't believe he's joined to rotate like AEG and Trez last season. 

I'd get him on as a sub on Monday. No reason not to. 

He might not be 100% match fit or he might lack experience from this league, but he won't get it without playing. 

Our other options aren't exactly impressive tbf. 

Give him 20 min at least. 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd get him on as a sub on Monday. No reason not to. 

He might not be 100% match fit or he might lack experience from this league, but he won't get it without playing. 

Our other options aren't exactly impressive tbf. 

Give him 20 min at least. 

Is he available for Monday?, i havent seen anything that confirms he is?

But yeah, he's not gonna be anywhere near match fit, would still bring him on for the last 20-25 mins for sure (if available).

Then he can have a 60-70 min run out versus BC,

Edited by MaVilla

If he can be selected I am sure we will see him - we threw Drunkwater on in a much worse state. And as for match fitness - I presume he's been in preseason training and like the rest of our squad, has not played a league game yet either. 

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They often ask the most ridiculous questions.

" So you've got the 3 points today Dean, how important is winning football matches in football? "

off topic but some of the club media guys are shocking for these reasons. michelle owen from sky has been doing some work for us and did some great interviews with smith and jack recently, they've been so much better than the ones the fellas that work for the club do

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If he can be selected I am sure we will see him - we threw Drunkwater on in a much worse state. And as for match fitness - I presume he's been in preseason training and like the rest of our squad, has not played a league game yet either. 

He was on the bench for Lyon opening 2 games so should be ok

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was on the bench for Lyon opening 2 games so should be ok

ye, just checked was on the bench for the games on 28th Aug & 11th Sept (unused), then not in the squad for the mid sept games.

His fitness might be a little better than i first thought tbh.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, just checked was on the bench for the games on 28th Aug & 11th Sept (unused), then not in the squad for the mid sept games.

His fitness might be a little better than i first thought tbh.

Final game in the French league was on March 8th since they cancelled the season so he's still had quite a long break with very little football.

8 hours ago, sne said:

Final game in the French league was on March 8th since they cancelled the season so he's still had quite a long break with very little football.

true, but i thought they were his last games in terms of preparedness, i didnt realise he was in pre season training and had been on the bench for two league games recently, that alone means he's further along in terms of fitness than i thought (as i thought he would be a full pre season behind - for some reason), where on reflection it seems he is probably as far along as our other players in terms of pre season preparedness, but lacking competitive minutes like most of our other players.

(i hope)

• Like 2

Can't find it now, but someone posted earlier in the thread that the fee was around 18M Euro + add ons, so that's about £16,5M without the add ons, right?

£16,5M is quite lower than the first reported £20M, if Brentford wants a similar fee for Benrahma that they got for Watkins, I understand if we went for Traore instead and regarded him being better value.

Perhaps I'm over analyzing here, but wasn't Dean Smith's quote about Traoré a bit more reserved compared to the other players we have signed? I get a slight feeling that he wasn't first choice but we decided he was the best deal for us. If we are looking to get Rashica for under £20M, perhaps it was either only Benrahma or Traoré and Rashica? 

Â