Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Just now, Xela said:

A Rolls-Royce of a player. Such a good touch. 

Much better than I thought he would be. 

The touch for McGinn from the Martinez goal kick (that led to the goal) was world class. Just killed the ball stone dead. 

The turn for chance where he tried to lob the keeper was world class. Reminded me a bit of Robson Kanu’s for Wales against Belgium in that it was quite obvious but no one really expected it?! 

The goal against Albion - world class.

He has parts to his game that only Jack could emulate but he will frustrate from time to time. 

He’s a nightmare and a daydream bundled as one. 

• Like 3

His assist was actually quality and so clever. He’s such a classy player. He’s got a few rusty points to his game but if he can buff those out then the sky is the limit. Still young. First season. Great signing and shows we know **** all. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Love this forum so much. 

Banter.

I think you missed one from me where I said something along the lines of not being at all convinced he would be a good signing.aybe I was a bit more on the fence, saying he was last in the list of signings I was happy with.

Either way, I had set a low bar for him and could not be happier that he's smashed that bar and is proving my ill informed opinion very wrong. 

That assist today was a class bit of play. Fantastic anticipation, brilliant acceleration, and a perfectly weighted pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/09/2020 at 21:46, MrBlack said:

Hope this is another rumour spread to encourage a target we want to make a move.  A slower, less effective Adama Traore for €20m... no thanks. 

Found it.... haha. More harsh than I remembered; I hang my head in shame.

I think after we signed him I moved to, not convinced but hope he does well.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why didnt he just drill it low instead of chip it!

Because if he had drilled it low and it was saved, we’d be asking 

Why didn’t he just chip it instead of drilling it low!

10 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Love this forum so much. 

Banter.

I was hoping nobody would dig that comment up 😅

I'll personally apologise to Bert for doubting him. He's a class act.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why didnt he just drill it low instead of chip it!

Looking at the highlights in slow motion, I can see why he did it. A bit higher and Ryan would've never reached it. A low drill probably would've been the right option as it happens, but everything's easier in hindsight.

Also, it would've looked dope. And that's all that matters.

Edited by Greenfly
  • Like 1

Since he's been here I think I've said WTF about 20 times. 

WTF - what's he bloody thinking there

WTF - How's he done that, genius

There's some madness mixed in with the brilliance but it's bloody fun to watch. 

Just now, av1 said:

Since he's been here I think I've said WTF about 20 times. 

WTF - what's he bloody thinking there

WTF - How's he done that, genius

There's some madness mixed in with the brilliance but it's bloody fun to watch. 

You could actually say it 20 times a game with this fella. I love watching him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Xela said:

A Rolls-Royce of a player. Such a good touch. 

Much better than I thought he would be. 

I was saying to someone yesterday, I actually think he's a cross between a Rolls Royce and Bambi....

He looks like he barely has control of his legs, looks unstable at times, one minute the ball bounces off his arse, but then he goes and pulls out a purring rolls Royce type ball control or mecurial shot.......very strange but entertaining player.

Edited by MaVilla

His end of season highlight video should just be every one of his touches and I mean every one. I want the amazing traps and settles he has no business doing and all the no look one time back passes, especially the ones in our own box. I think everyone should experience the intense joy and fear you get from watching Bertie do his thing. 

Love the guy. Never change Bertie. 

Â