Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Carried the ball well but could do with some urgency when a chance comes his way. It wasn't even that he was missing the physical target, he was missing the time window the chance was in. Needs to watch videos of Salah taking every single shot as soon as humanly possible

That chance in the first half was the touch and shot of a player from a slower league.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It really is. We’ve signed a player in Watkins who finishes chances in the box and all we need is a half decent winger who can provide or, here’s a novel idea, hit the target with a shot once in a while. 

I don’t want to be that armchair fan who thinks he knows more than football people within the club, paid to do football things but seriously, how is it allowed that a person can scout Traore and spend 17m on him? He’s not particularly bad and he’ll be decent as a rotation option now and again but he’s just not up to starting for us and to spend 17m on a player who doesn’t start isn’t something we can afford with the FFP restrictions around us. 

Really, really frustrating. 

I cannot believe he didn't shoot when Grealish played him in. As always, perfectly weighted for him to open up onto his left and shoot.

£17m is very funny indeed.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

That chance in the first half was the touch and shot of a player from a slower league.

Exact same thought. Gotta get that half step quicker, especially against a defensive team like Burnley. 

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's too early to write him off already, bit other than one nice piece of control in the last game, it appears that everything he touches turns to shit.

It'd be nice if we had the luxury of benching him.

I think we can and will bench him. Trez and AEG carry more of a threat. Willing to give him time to settle but settling won't mean God gives him a right foot to use. Just no excuse to not use your weaker foot as a professional footballer. If you're not confident on it, practice. Don't need to do anything complicated but learn to put your laces through the ball at least. He's have had two today if he did that. 

Again I thought he did alright, better than last week actually. I see improvement. I agree he needs to react quicker, adjust to this league, but I still like his passage of play. I'm probably in the minority but I dont care. More positives than negatives for me. 

He looks like a player who’s not up to speed and only time will fix that. Some players settle quickly others not so quick, he’s still only had a relatively small amount of minutes on the pitch. Hopefully he’ll get up to speed sooner rather than later, but like a number of players last season, the PL won’t wait for them. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Everything the Lyon fans warned about is there to see.

That's the worry

It's 6/7 games in. He gets into scoring positions whilst I would like to have seen a certain Bosnian come in traore has something to work with. Once he's physically up to the premier League I think he'll be useful unless we get better in January or the summer.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I cannot believe he didn't shoot when Grealish played him in. As always, perfectly weighted for him to open up onto his left and shoot.

£17m is very funny indeed.

THIS!

He literally cuts inside and shoots on his left foot at nearly every opportunity apart from the one time he actually needed to do it. 

As if he decides to cross a ball with his right foot when it was crying out to be hit with his left..

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No point beating around the bush, he’s been poor so far but way too soon to write him off. Unimpressed so far though.

The problem is, unless we improve quickly, Grealish leaves and I really worry for us. 

If the Traore signing had been on the same level as the Martinez, Cash transfers, I think we’d be top 6 right now.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The problem is, unless we improve quickly, Grealish leaves and I really worry for us. 

If the Traore signing had been on the same level as the Martinez, Cash transfers, I think we’d be top 6 right now.

Sooner or later Jack’s going to go and when he does good luck to him. I don’t believe one player would have put us in the top 6 we are a long way off that.

Bit torn on Traore, I think you can see just from his general play that he has a lot more natural talent and quality about him than the likes of Trez, but they're a season longer in the league and it becomes a toss up whether you persist with them or stick with Traore and hope that it'll click for him sooner.

I think all things considered he's been alright, or at least shown enough to think he'll come good, but that moment mentioned above where he tried to play in an already offside Watkins rather than just take it himself was an absolute howler and unfortunately won't encourage people to show the level of patience with him that he might need.

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Bit torn on Traore, I think you can see just from his general play that he has a lot more natural talent and quality about him than the likes of Trez, but they're a season longer in the league and it becomes a toss up whether you persist with them or stick with Traore and hope that it'll click for him sooner.

I think all things considered he's been alright, or at least shown enough to think he'll come good, but that moment mentioned above where he tried to play in an already offside Watkins rather than just take it himself was an absolute howler and unfortunately won't encourage people to show the level of patience with him that he might need.

Can you ? - I can't see anything about this guy that suggests he is going to make it at this level .

He's not fast, he's not strong, his reading of the game looks distinctly average - most worryingly he's doesn't seem to have been anything more than adequate anywhere he's ever been .....bizarre signing tbh.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can you ? - I can't see anything about this guy that suggests he is going to make it at this level .

He's not fast, he's not strong, his reading of the game looks distinctly average - most worryingly he's doesn't seem to have been anything more than adequate anywhere he's ever been .....bizarre signing tbh.

I think we'll run the risk of only getting into the debates had in here previously about the level they might have happened at, but he's had several productive seasons in terms of over 10 goals/assists in a few seasons and a lot of the negativity the signing was met with seemed to revolve around a poor year last time out where Lyon began playing a system with wing backs that he demonstrably wouldn't be suited for.

He's had his moments so far in what has been a limited time frame, from the assist vs Brighton to the recovery pace he showed tonight to cut out McNeill's chance on the break to just generally being more comfortable in possession than some of his competition for the placing and linking well with Cash. This isn't to say I think he's been performing well - he hasn't - but I do think he's shown bits and pieces that show there's a player in there. Just a matter of how long it'll take him/Smith and co. will wait for it to happen.

Â