Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People really need to stop writing that shite. It must be allowed to have different opinions of Villa players without being labeled scapegoater. Believe it or not players have bad performances and it is okay to point them out. 

Its true though, he was far from the worst player last night and the player who got the most posts after the game. Its like the Wesley or El Ghazi threads all over again

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its true though, he was far from the worst player last night and the player who got the most posts after the game. Its like the Wesley or El Ghazi threads all over again

That has nothing to do with scapegoating. 

He gets more attention cause he just got bought for a ton of money to be a fix for our winger woes. Traore got criticism purely based on his own performance. 

Goes without saying people had expectations and when he looked poor against Stoke reserves, people will comment on it. 

Nothing to do with scapegoating. I really wonder if people understand what the word means.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

Took Trez a year to get there, El Ghazi splits opinions but mine is he is a luxury player who gives the ball away to often.

Traore has ball control and vision that is far better, his goal last game was sensational and some of the touches and passes he played, even when the rest of our team were largely crap, were top class. Once he has his fitness levels up and is playing with our first team he will be a valuable player .

I can't help but notice that some posters on here obsessively search for negatives ( not directed at you Tomaszk) its becoming tiresome and takes the pleasure away from reading villatalk. Constructive criticism is enjoyable but these destructive elements are obviously motivated by factors that I suspect would  be better discussed in the ' other football ' section or there own forum . UTV 

Still don't think Trez is "there" myself. He tries but will never be a good PL winger. We really needed to buy one.

There's probably some who only post negative, remember to block the trolls who are on the windup 24/7. I post positive and negative based on what I see and think. I've been one of a minority of positive voices in McGinn's thread over the last six months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

How do I support players if I can't go to the game?

Think you'll generally get positive and negative thoughts on a message board. This isn't a new thing.

I think you are being finicky about the word 'support'. Of course it's nothing new, as is opinions on that criticism.

Poor game last night but the whole team was thrown together and had a stinker and it’s easy to get dragged down a level in teams like that. When he’s put in with our best 11 I know he will perform better. Foreign signings generally require time and patience to hit full form anyway, so even in the best case scenario he will take time to bed in. Any fans writing him off already are embarrassing themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Don’t forget the biggest scapegoat, Conor Hourihane.

You can’t judge a player on his second game in a team that wasn’t particularly good on the night. They would all look much better with the first team around them. A player who’s just trying to get up to speed would particularly benefit. Messi would have probably struggled last night. If we’d have taken our chances it would have been a different game.

There were weaknesses highlighted all over the pitch, right wing was the least of our problems. I even read someone saying he’s slow ffs!! A little balance is needed when looking at players and their performances. He was apparently amazing last week now he’s rubbish. Are there any adults in? 

• Thanks 1

Traoré will be fine this season, I’m looking forward to seeing him in action for the first team once he’s settled in. Wingers are known for the inconsistency, only the real elite can turn it on every game. Which is why I’d still hope we can sign Rashica for that position. Competition and options is what we need. 

• Like 3

He will be getting my full support this season. Can’t wait to see him in the first team and playing in the premier league. Much rather support a player who is a Aston Villa player than champion someone who plays for Werder Bremen and doesn’t want to sign for us.

• Like 1

Give the fella Traore a little time folks, he was playing with a pretty limited team against Stoke.

Hopefully when he makes his PL start he can link up well with a better calibre of player in Grealish, Cash, Luiz, Watkins etc.

#f**krashica

• Haha 1

Watched the on demand broadcast of the match last night after reading all the feedback about how shit everyone was.  I don't understand why Traore got a bunch of stick for his performance yesterday, when just about everyone on the team was subpar, but this is Villa Talk and we need a scapegoat...

I thought he was alright and contributed more than Trez has on a good night.  He didn't look slow to me, either, but I guess some already have their minds made up that Traore is a bad signing.  

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't slow. But he isn't exactly blistering quick either. He ain't no Adama.

Doesn't seem a whole lot quicker than Trez to me.

He's got skill though, and intelligence

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't slow. But he isn't exactly blistering quick either. He ain't no Adama.

Doesn't seem a whole lot quicker than Trez to me.

Pretty sure Trez got clocked with a top 10 sprint in the Prem last year. That would make Bertrand pretty damn quick. 

4 hours ago, KMitch said:

Watched the on demand broadcast of the match last night after reading all the feedback about how shit everyone was.  I don't understand why Traore got a bunch of stick for his performance yesterday, when just about everyone on the team was subpar, but this is Villa Talk and we need a scapegoat...

I thought he was alright and contributed more than Trez has on a good night.  He didn't look slow to me, either, but I guess some already have their minds made up that Traore is a bad signing.  

No we haven’t, we’re just concerned he might be a bad signing reading the issues he’s had in the past with his attitude and the fact that the Lyon fans couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

I think the worry is more than justified with Traore. Hoping he proves us wrong. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was pretty poor to be fair. I have no issue with anyone saying that. It’s judging him as a player based on that one game is what is ridiculous.

• Like 1

He was our best player last night in the first half I thought.

Second half he hardly got hold of the ball. 

I'm not sure how much criticism can be levelled at him.  It was a poor all round performance and he was one of the least culpable I think. 

Â