Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Stretched the game when he came on. Defenders were worried about him cutting inside which they didn't have to worry about with Trez and he was good at taking advantage of that. Not going to dislodge Trez just yet but he's a good option to have.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Showed enough for that he should be starting ahead of Hassan. He won't be but it's only a matter of time.

He showed how good he was attacking wise but Trezeguet kept us in the game it was a well timed substitute imo

Edited by gwi1890

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually thought Trezeguet was poor tonight. His work rate was fantastic...

To me this is a oxymoron, makes little sense. He sometimes lack quality in his delivery or decision making, but his work rate is setting an example for the whole team and he's earned every minute so far this season, dropping him now sends the wrong signal imo.

With that said I'm excited to see what Traore can bring when given starting games and I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances to prove his worth as the season goes on. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Traore plays like a giraffe on ice at times , yet somehow still looks like he has something about him ... be interesting to see him with more game time and how he fits the team dynamic

Reminds me of Kanu.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He’s like the polar opposite of Trez. He looks so calm and casual, his passing is firm and to feet, he looks balanced on the ball and like he has all the time in the world. Trez works his socks off but never actually looks like he has the ball under control at any point 😆 

Trez is in great form and is deservedly keeping Traore out but Traore looks a great option off the bench at this stage.

This is spot on. He looks like he's got a very decent football brain on him which is good to sea. He can also leap like a salmon, obviously had the headed chance last night and I remember seeing a few in the YT vids. Be nice if someone taught him how to generate some power in his headers though. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Showed enough for that he should be starting ahead of Hassan. He won't be but it's only a matter of time.

Agreed. 

Trez has been good so far this season. Workrate is phenomenal and he's improved a lot since last season.

But he is massively limited. I think traore will be in there when he's up to speed. He's got more about him.

• Like 1

He's the complete opposite to Trezeguet, which I'm glad as it's one of the few positions we have a different option available to us.

He seems so graceful in possession, I always have the feel he could pull off something incredible when he approaches the final 3rd. His tendency to take up CF positions in build up is something I think could work well for us given Watkins comfort in moving out to the wing.

Given our run until Xmas I could see a lot of game time for Traore as there may be less of a need for Trez's defensive workrate. Will be nice to see what he looks like after a few 90 minutes with the first XI.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Difference in position between traore and trez

20201019_182520.jpg

This shape isn’t uncommon spurs do it with Aurier the rb attacking more down the right hand side with Davies the lb sitting back more,  and Son drifting central ,  we play a similar shape with Jack drifting central utilising his game in different areas of the pitch.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was impressed by Traore’s ball control when he came on. 

And me, I'll be honest and say I thought he'd go a bit Roy of the rovers overly keen to impress, go in to exciting cul de sac mode like his namesake used to but to be fair to him he looked very relaxed and experienced, good touches, good composure, good decision making, he looked a good option for killing a game with controlled possession further up the pitch let alone as an attacking option trying to win a game

I don't think it's a case of smiths got a problem because he's still getting up to speed and trez is playing so well but he'll definitely get a chance to start at some point 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And me, I'll be honest and say I thought he'd go a bit Roy of the rovers overly keen to impress, go in to exciting cul de sac mode like his namesake used to but to be fair to him he looked very relaxed and experienced, good touches, good composure, good decision making, he looked a good option for killing a game with controlled possession further up the pitch let alone as an attacking option trying to win a game

I don't think it's a case of smiths got a problem because he's still getting up to speed and trez is playing so well but he'll definitely get a chance to start at some point 

Yes. Very intelligent footballer. I was expecting a barrage of us clinging on after we took the lead. But we just kept possession in a very in-villa like way. He was a big part of that * small sample size 

Â