Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If people are writing  this guy off after a poor performance alongside a team that generally didn’t look like it had ever played together then they need their heads checking. 

He certainly needs to up his fitness but what are you meant to do when most of the other players in the starting line up appear to be glued to the ground? 

And we wonder why players’ heads drop. Give him a chance ffs

The seed had been planting before we even signed him. Then we wait...

spacer.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

When did Ligue 1 end? So he probably hasn't played since they locked down in France. He probably isn't as fit as the rest of the squad. Passed and moved when he had the energy. Didn't help that Davis had a stinker of an all round game tonight.

Hasn’t played since june

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I can 100 % see Lyon fans frustration with him based on yesterday's performance.

He's half hearted attempts tracking back, lack of work rate and very inconsistent in the final third.

Has a few flashes of quality and that's about it.

If this was Lange's signing you gotta ask questions. I don't think he is a good character to have around. Big contrast in character to Trezeguet who have finally won my heart.

fine, i'll bite...what's the bolded bit based on exactly? you met him?

as others have said, the seed was very much planted before he signed based on a few lyon fans opinions of him. the poor guy is going to be slated every time he doesn't play a blinder. and now that the old scapegoats are unlikely to play much again this season, it's natural that villa fans look for a new one.

he was miles from being our worst player last night...grew into the game i thought. comfortable on the ball, and when the defence forced him back, he still found a way of finding space to still deliver forward passes which i've never seen Trez do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If people are writing  this guy off after a poor performance alongside a team that generally didn’t look like it had ever played together then they need their heads checking. 

He certainly needs to up his fitness but what are you meant to do when most of the other players in the starting line up appear to be glued to the ground? 

And we wonder why players’ heads drop. Give him a chance ffs

Fair enough comment but I have seen enough football to know he is not good enough, a lazy signing and very series questions should be asked of the Lange, Smith and ultimately these new owners, if you buy ex champions league players you end up in the champi....., oops wrong player and competition analogy 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

fine, i'll bite...what's the bolded bit based on exactly? you met him?

as others have said, the seed was very much planted before he signed based on a few lyon fans opinions of him. the poor guy is going to be slated every time he doesn't play a blinder. and now that the old scapegoats are unlikely to play much again this season, it's natural that villa fans look for a new one.

he was miles from being our worst player last night...grew into the game i thought. comfortable on the ball, and when the defence forced him back, he still found a way of finding space to still deliver forward passes which i've never seen Trez do.

I don't think he sets a good example to the rest of the players.

His lazyness when defending.. you just can't have that in a team. There is no "I" in a team.

I like team players. I like players who run their socks off for the cause. He may have some more natural talent than Trezeguet, but i promise you. Trezeguet brings much, much more to the team.

I get a really bad feeling about this guy. I was highly skeptical of the guy before we signed him. I am even more skeptical after what i saw yesterday,

Edited by villalad21

The signing of one good winger was crucial.

This was the shot at it and we overpaid to get the man we wanted. Don't really care how much he cost if he turns into a good player.

The concerns are there for all to see. There should be very few scenarios where Trez or El Ghazi is preferably starting over your new £20m winger but Trez will rightly be starting on Sunday.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Trickster said:

Surely supporting players is of better value than these little sad 'I'm a sage' negative predictions on a bloody message board.

How do I support players if I can't go to the game?

Think you'll generally get positive and negative thoughts on a message board. This isn't a new thing.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

The signing of one good winger was crucial.

This was the shot at it and we overpaid to get the man we wanted. Don't really care if he turns into a good player.

The concerns are there for all to see. There should be very few scenarios where Trez or El Ghazi is preferably starting over your new £20m winger but Trez will rightly be starting on Sunday.

I do. In fact I really really hope he turns into a great player for us. I think the stuff put forward here that fans have written him off to be OTT and just a false narrative.

What's being said by a lot of people on FB, Twitter, H&V and VT is that he had a very poor match yesterday, cause he did. He didn't look up for it. Touch was bad. Work rate was bad. 

He was slower than I expected him to be, and lacked the pace we really needed.  He's shown the last two matches he has the vision and touch at times that makes him more of a playmaker than anything else, but I don't think that was what was needed. In fact I think that was the opposite of what was needed. If we wanted that we could just have gone for Benrahma. I'd have much preferred a pacy winger with good work rate. 

So while I hope he comes good and I've seen some potential there, I think it's vital we get in another direct, hard working, pacy winger. Cause right now we're one injury away from starting AEG and Trez again, and that shouldn't be allowed by now.

i don't see how anyone can judge him based on last night. he had guilbert behind him, lansbury to his left, and davis in front. swap those for cash, mcginn and watkins and you'll likely see a very different player.

guilbert sat back all game leaving him totally exposed vs a stoke team that pressed very, very well.

as i said, the seed was planted before he signed, looks like we found our new scapegoat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I do. In fact I really really hope he turns into a great player for us. I think the stuff put forward here that fans have written him off to be OTT and just a false narrative.

What's being said by a lot of people on FB, Twitter, H&V and VT is that he had a very poor match yesterday, cause he did. He didn't look up for it. Touch was bad. Work rate was bad. 

He was slower than I expected him to be, and lacked the pace we really needed.  He's shown the last two matches he has the vision and touch at times that makes him more of a playmaker than anything else, but I don't think that was what was needed. In fact I think that was the opposite of what was needed. If we wanted that we could just have gone for Benrahma. I'd have much preferred a pacy winger with good work rate. 

So while I hope he comes good and I've seen some potential there, I think it's vital we get in another direct, hard working, pacy winger. Cause right now we're one injury away from starting AEG and Trez again, and that shouldn't be allowed by now.

Edited my post.

I meant I don't care how much we paid if he turns into a great player. Hopefully he will.

Luckily I don't read Facebook. Won't be dipping into that cesspit.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i don't see how anyone can judge him based on last night. he had guilbert behind him, lansbury to his left, and davis in front. swap those for cash, mcginn and watkins and you'll likely see a very different player.

guilbert sat back all game leaving him totally exposed vs a stoke team that pressed very, very well.

as i said, the seed was planted before he signed, looks like we found our new scapegoat

People really need to stop writing that shite. It must be allowed to have different opinions of Villa players without being labeled scapegoater. Believe it or not players have bad performances and it is okay to point them out. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The guy clearly has quality. He looked fed up to be playing with inferior teammates at times. 

He needs to be in the starting 11. 

It is my first reaction, to things.

I have never seen him play, so I have no pre conceived views......but I will stick to my long held view of give them a chance, until its clear.

playing in the first 11 maybe a lot different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am with you....we need a Direct, hard working, pacy winger.......Tony Morley type.

This is a signing that I'm not "worried" about, and the reason is that our assistant manager, John Terry, has played alongside of him for 3 years. I think people are forgetting this.

If Terry thinks Traore has got the skill, the attitude and the drive then I have no reason to question him until proven otherwise.

• Like 1

Â