Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

49 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

That's exactly what my issue with the signing has been. Most Lyon fans were really surprised how much they got for him. It's like if we had received 10M for Scott Hogan from BCFC.

Lyon are hardly playing great football themselves and have scored 1 goal in open play in last 4 games which came from a right back. Under a better manager Traore gets back into the Lyon team

Wow mini meltdown happening here 🤣. He probably isnt match sharp yet but think the main problem is that he was dragged down a bit by the way we played. He's someone who wants to pass and move and there wasn't an awful lot going for him tonight. Not saying he was great but I wouldn't judge him based on this turgid affair!

50 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Looked uninterested tonight and I can't blame him. Imagine coming from a CL final to a Thursday night Mickey Mouse cup game against Stoke, having to play with a hairspray model, failed autotune rapper, knock-off CR7 and the 3rd choice RB starting at CB.

The “knock-off CR7” looked twice the player this evening.

As for being disinterested shouldn’t he be trying his socks off to impress his new manager?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

When things get rough, and they always will at some point, he's a potential rotten apple. 

Baseless rubbish.  

When did Ligue 1 end? So he probably hasn't played since they locked down in France. He probably isn't as fit as the rest of the squad. Passed and moved when he had the energy. Didn't help that Davis had a stinker of an all round game tonight.

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Not writing him off but this wasn't a game against Premier League  opposition, this was Stokes 2nd team. Would of hoped to see a little more determination. I can see why people are concerned

he also played with Villa 2nd team, if he was starting with Watkins, McGinn, Luiz and Jack and had a stinker be different not Davis and Lansbury

• Like 1

Lol, I haven’t seen him play yet and it looks like he’s a dead man walking according to us lot.

We slagged off Trez, then he saved our season; we slagged off Luiz then he was the end of season revelation; we slagged off Konsa now he could be our best signing....

Everyone still needs another season after more big changes in personnel, the new ones need most patience. At least let him play a few games before passing too much criticism. They all looked shite tonight.

• Like 3

Everyone was very bad. But everyone else bar Konsa is very much a reserve. Presumably the plan is for the new £20m winger to start.

Looks like he might need a few months to get up to speed.

• Like 1

Not surprised to see the criticism so early doors, was a few on here already made their mind up before he even joined from reading Lyons fans on Twitter.

Looking forward to seeing him in a run of games with better quality players who can actually consistently complete a pass and bring wingers into the game. People love to have that 'I predicted it back in.....' or the 'I called it back then and was criticised' ego massaging type posts, just dying to get invisible 1 ups on a message board.

Give a player a chance, hasn't even played 90 minutes yet. Surely supporting players is of better value than these little sad 'I'm a sage' negative predictions on a bloody message board.

• Like 4

I can 100 % see Lyon fans frustration with him based on yesterday's performance.

He's half hearted attempts tracking back, lack of work rate and very inconsistent in the final third.

Has a few flashes of quality and that's about it.

If this was Lange's signing you gotta ask questions. I don't think he is a good character to have around. Big contrast in character to Trezeguet who have finally won my heart.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Seemed very frustrated and uninterested today. Hopefully a one off.

It won’t be a one off. Like most wingers he will blow hot and cold. Key is not to write them off and give them our support.

Just now, omariqy said:

It won’t be a one off. Like most wingers he will blow hot and cold. Key is not to write them off and give them our support.

Fair point.  I suppose hopefully it’s a one off in terms of how shit the whole team was. Must be very frustrating to play in a team when half the players can’t manage a 5 yard pass.

Â