Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty crap. Slow, poor touch and awful defensive work. 

I understand why he was signed based on the football they want played, but I think what we needed more than anything on the right side was a bit of pace to go with work rate. So far Traore has showed little of neither. In fact he's looked embarrassingly slow. 

I don't think a bad performance means he's bad, nor do I think a good performance mean he's good. It's just a few matches, but it's not looking too promising so far. 

He's had moments of class to be fair, so I hope with better match fitness, gelling with the squad, he will over time at least prove to be a useful squad member. 

jackie chan GIF

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

He looks a good player, I'm not sure he's actually quick though? Certainly doesn't run in behind or turn on the afterburners very regularly if he does have pace

Probably whatever his top speed is he is at the moment way off pace in terms of fitness, hence the League Cup runouts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pretty crap. Slow, poor touch and awful defensive work. 

I understand why he was signed based on the football they want played, but I think what we needed more than anything on the right side was a bit of pace to go with work rate. So far Traore has showed little of neither. In fact he's looked embarrassingly slow. 

I don't think a bad performance means he's bad, nor do I think a good performance mean he's good. It's just a few matches, but it's not looking too promising so far. 

He's had moments of class to be fair, so I hope with better match fitness, gelling with the squad, he will over time at least prove to be a useful squad member. 

I don't think there's much point in moving really fast if the rest of the squad is slowing the game down. I really don't think we can judge him on this game at all.

I think everybody is well aware that out of all our signings, he arrives here with the biggest question marks. 

He was poor in the videos and the Lyons fans couldn’t wait to see the back of him.

Hard to judge the lad on tonight’s game but like I say, a lot of people questioned this transfer and it’s a position we really needed to strengthen. 

Don't forget it took Luiz a while to settle, so I don't expect Traore to start the season on fire. Thats why Trez will start over him to begin with. 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have no problem with taking a gamble on players.

But it's the ridiculous fee we payed that bugs me.

That's exactly what my issue with the signing has been. Most Lyon fans were really surprised how much they got for him. It's like if we had received 10M for Scott Hogan from BCFC.

I hadn't seen him before he came here. Heard was meant to bring some pace to our attack, but he has barely got above a canter in his couple of appearances so far. He seems like an intelligent passer, but certainly not what I was expecting. Early days though.

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

lolz two games, one iffy performance where the whole team couldn't be arsed, and he's already being written off

people need to get a grip!

No one is writing him off. People are just concerned as he didn’t look a great player to begin with. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nonsense. Slow? He certainly isn’t slow.

Would you say he gets ahead of himself abit, like a kid would fall over his shoelaces at times??

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

That's exactly what my issue with the signing has been. Most Lyon fans were really surprised how much they got for him. It's like if we had received 10M for Scott Hogan from BCFC.

We paid what we thought he was worth and what Lyon were asking.

Who cares how much he cost? And who cares what Lyon fans think?

Plenty of time for him to come good yet.

• Like 1

Looked uninterested tonight and I can't blame him. Imagine coming from a CL final to a Thursday night Mickey Mouse cup game against Stoke, having to play with a hairspray model, failed autotune rapper, knock-off CR7 and the 3rd choice RB starting at CB.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â