Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh traore looks good, this vid is all his touches etc versus Bristol, would love to see a similar vid for Fulham.

You can see instantly how much more potent/useful he is than Trez or Ghazi going forward, we need him on the other wing to complement Grealish badly imo.

It’s funny watching a player pass the ball then move into space to receive it back again. I’m not used to seeing that. 

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh traore looks good, this vid is all his touches etc versus Bristol, would love to see a similar vid for Fulham.

You can see instantly how much more potent/useful he is than Trez or Ghazi going forward, we need him on the other wing to complement Grealish badly imo.

He seems to have a good sense of when to travel and when to just lay the ball off fast. I like the amount of times he just passed it with his first touch, and they tended to be good, brave passes too. Even Jack doesn't do that very often.

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Through ball at 2:33 was filth

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He looks a class act but as I mentioned before watch the Fulham left sided players run pass him on a few occasions leaving Cash isolated.   When he plays it’s crucial that one of the midfielders cover for him. 

Interesting you saw that - I see him as hugely hardworking and was so impressed with his tracking back.

He looked good but I think it's pretty shit of everyone who has said it, that he already looks head and shoulders above the others in our squad.

He's gonna.  He came on when we were 3 up after 80 mins.  

If he didn't I'd be seriously worried.

Point being, even though we have a shiny new toy, don't slag the other players off because new lad looks good against knackered opponents :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He looked good but I think it's pretty shit of everyone who has said it, that he already looks head and shoulders above the others in our squad.

He's gonna.  He came on when we were 3 up after 80 mins.  

If he didn't I'd be seriously worried.

Point being, even though we have a shiny new toy, don't slag the other players off because new lad looks good against knackered opponents :lol:

With the greatest respect to the likes of Trez, who do a job for us, you can instantly tell this is a different standard of player. Whether he works out for us or not remains to be seen of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

With the greatest respect to the likes of Trez, who do a job for us, you can instantly tell this is a different standard of player. Whether he works out for us or not remains to be seen of course.

Fingers crossed. 

But I couldn't tell he was a way better standard.  There's nothing he did in that game which any of our other wingers couldn't have done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Maybe but I cant forget the part Trez played in keeping us in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fingers crossed. 

But I couldn't tell he was a way better standard.  There's nothing he did in that game which any of our other wingers couldn't have done.

Really? Trez worked his bollocks off but some of Traores passing and moving was light years ahead him. 

You sound like someone who is desperate to justify their negatively towards the transfer from the outset. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fingers crossed. 

Ok. Couldn’t disagree more when I think of a couple of the moments of quality he threw in that I think only Jack in our squad could otherwise do. Let’s hope I’m right and you’re wrong. Or maybe that you’re right and our other wingers are better than I think! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe but I cant forget the part Trez played in keeping us in the Premier League. 

Nor should we forget it. He’s a good player to have in the squad and if we need a goal often seems to be in the right place at the right time.

He looks like he could be class. If he could use both his feet he would be unstoppable. In those Bristol highlights he was driving exclusively with him left foot directly next to the man marking him and they quite easily put a foot in. We need to work on his weak foot like we do with nakamba as well. 

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really? Trez worked his bollocks off but some of Traores passing and moving was light years ahead him. 

You sound like someone who is desperate to justify their negatively towards the transfer from the outset. 

Nah.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He looks like he could be class. If he could use both his feet he would be unstoppable. In those Bristol highlights he was driving exclusively with him left foot directly next to the man marking him and they quite easily put a foot in. We need to work on his weak foot like we do with nakamba as well. 

He did score one of the best goals I’ve seen in a Villa shirt with his right mind you...

No I agree with you it’s a shame he’s so one footed, though I think if he was going to fix that he would have done it by now.

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Interesting you saw that - I see him as hugely hardworking and was so impressed with his tracking back.

Only saw it the second time I watched the game to see how he played. It wasn’t for lack of effort. It seemed more a concentration thing. I.e. wasn’t quite aware of the runner.

Nothing came of it which is why it didn’t stand out but against a better team we might have got punished.  

It’s probably something he never had to worry about so much when playing for Lyon who would probably be on the front foot most games. 

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

It's amazing to me how Taylor played the last 9 games in unbeaten run in promotion push and the rest to promotion final and people shit on him constantly and talk about absolute garbage defender Hutton being a Villa legend

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's amazing to me how Taylor played the last 9 games in unbeaten run in promotion push and the rest to promotion final and people shit on him constantly and talk about absolute garbage defender Hutton being a Villa legend

Hutton's story as a member of the bomb squad who, through sheer determination, became a first team regular and scored a beauty against SHA makes him a cult figure. He wasn't brilliant, but he was always committed to the cause and we can never ask for more from anyone.

To me, Taylor is much the same. Doggedly professional and steadily reliable, he always looks committed even if he's not really at the level we need right now. I like the guy. I feel like the team is more balanced defensively with him instead of Targett.

Edited by Greenfly
Typos
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Hutton's story as a member of the bomb squad who, through sheer determination, became a first team regular and scored a beauty against SHA makes him a cult figure. He wasn't brilliant, but he was always committed to the cause and we can never ask for more from anyone.

To me, Taylor is much the same. Doggedly professional and steadily reliable, he always looks committed even if he's not really at the level we need right now. I like the guy. I feel like the team is more balanced defensively with him instead of Targett.

I thought Taylor was a dodgy buy and at best of times I've found him wanting but have utmost respect for him for the journey and job he's done for us. I think Hutton getting injured helped us getting promoted. That's it pretty much

Â