Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I don't understand why everyone is saying that Traore is a Lange signing...  He played with Terry at Chelsea...  My opinion is that he may have been on the list of potential wingers we were looking at (Rashica, Traore, Benrahma, etc.) and Terry may have spoken up about his talent/character/work ethic/personality from his first hand knowledge of playing with him at Chelsea and might have advocated moving him up the priority list above other targets, especially when price is thrown in the consideration.

On an unrelated note, I found myself on a YouTube spiral the other night and watched a long video of the "greatest counter attacks of all time" and was pleasantly surprised to see Traore get on the end of a very impressive Lyon counterattack in the video.  

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

I don't understand why everyone is saying that Traore is a Lange signing...  He played with Terry at Chelsea...  My opinion is that he may have been on the list of potential wingers we were looking at (Rashica, Traore, Benrahma, etc.) and Terry may have spoken up about his talent/character/work ethic/personality from his first hand knowledge of playing with him at Chelsea and might have advocated moving him up the priority list above other targets, especially when price is thrown in the consideration.

On an unrelated note, I found myself on a YouTube spiral the other night and watched a long video of the "greatest counter attacks of all time" and was pleasantly surprised to see Traore get on the end of a very impressive Lyon counterattack in the video.  

I think, i seen somewhere, where Mourinho was quite taken by him too....i think they was at Chelsea together, but not sure.

Trez, ElGhazi and Traore are all around the same age.

Whilst they are wingers or wide players, their goal scoring varies.

In their careers this is their goals v games 

Trez....1 in 4.9 games

Traore.... 1 in 3.3 games

El Ghazi....1 in 5.3 games

It looks like Traore, in terms of goals alone, is an upgrade.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Trez, ElGhazi and Traore are all around the same age.

Whilst they are wingers or wide players, their goal scoring varies.

In their careers this is their goals v games 

Trez....1 in 4.9 games

Traore.... 1 in 3.3 games

El Ghazi....1 in 5.3 games

It looks like Traore, in terms of goals alone, is an upgrade.

Traore has spent time as a CF though so should really have a better return.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Traore has spent time as a CF though so should really have a better return.

38 in 70(4983 mins) at CF and people say we need King with 20 in 74(5773 mins) because only CF backup to Watkins is Davis 

• Like 1

Traore looks class, he seems to make space whilst in possession.

I wonder though if Smith prefers Trezeguet at the moment just to show him what is required in defense aswell as attack.

There is no need just throw him in every week and expect him to perform so we are being patient. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Traore looks class, he seems to make space whilst in possession.

I wonder though if Smith prefers Trezeguet at the moment just to show him what is required in defense aswell as attack.

There is no need just throw him in every week and expect him to perform so we are being patient. 

i feel like its a case of not changing a winning side. trez has risen to the challenge so far and is looking dangerous. traore looked really good when he came on, ive not issue with these two battling it out.

Traore plays like a giraffe on ice at times , yet somehow still looks like he has something about him ... be interesting to see him with more game time and how he fits the team dynamic

• Like 1

I actually thought Trezeguet was poor tonight. His work rate was fantastic but it’s almost like he’s a defensive winger?! 

Fully expect Traore to take his place at some point. Thought he actually looked quite good when he came on. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

He’s like the polar opposite of Trez. He looks so calm and casual, his passing is firm and to feet, he looks balanced on the ball and like he has all the time in the world. Trez works his socks off but never actually looks like he has the ball under control at any point 😆 

Trez is in great form and is deservedly keeping Traore out but Traore looks a great option off the bench at this stage.

• Like 1

I was worried that he wouldn't help out defensively when he came on. He didn't. I think at one point Konsa was marking 2 men by himself with a cross about to be whipped in feom the right.

But, he bought us a lot of time with good decision making. Took his time on the ball and didn't try to force anything. When there was no option to pass forward he calmly passed it to Luiz or one of the CBs. 

Would like to see him start against Leeds. Sub on Trez at 60 minutes to help out the defence and protect our inevitable lead.

I think he looked very composed with the ball, I thought he would be taking more risks going for the 50/50 dribble, but he showed much intelligence today, kept the ball and calmed it down. Very positive for me. We also know that he has that x-factor in the locker.

I guess he isn't used to having to work so hard defensively that we demand and that Trez does, but you can see the difference in class between the players. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually thought Trezeguet was poor tonight. His work rate was fantastic but it’s almost like he’s a defensive winger?! 

Fully expect Traore to take his place at some point. Thought he actually looked quite good when he came on. 

I think it’s all about how you take your measurements.  
For me, he played a huge part in containing a serious attacking threat that is Leicester, Yet still provides attacking support.

Final third game wasn’t top notch, I agree, but he provides so much in other areas that you can overlook that.  Plus, it’s not exactly the case that his attacking play is non-existent.

As people have said before, if his attacking play was as good as the rest of his game, he’d be worth a shit load and probably wouldn’t be playing for us in the first place.

For now id say he deserves his place until he has a stinker, and in the meantime I’m very happy that we’ve got a £19m winger knowing he has to earn his spot.

• Like 1

Â