Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

7 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Pretty sure Trez got clocked with a top 10 sprint in the Prem last year. That would make Bertrand pretty damn quick. 

4th quickest Prem player last year. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

It isn't about sprint speed I'm pretty sure soyuncu had the 2nd highest and before restart engels also had a top 5 sprint speed and as we are all aware he is a bit like treacle.

Acceleration is all that matters. Ost of the time players will not get 50 yards to get up to full speed. 

27 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It isn't about sprint speed I'm pretty sure soyuncu had the 2nd highest and before restart engels also had a top 5 sprint speed and as we are all aware he is a bit like treacle.

Acceleration is all that matters. Ost of the time players will not get 50 yards to get up to full speed. 

He seemed to have a burst of pace on Monday I’ve never seen before. Could be a part of his game he has spent a lot of time working on.

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Klopp has named him three or four times now in separate interviews as one of the signings of the summer. Has me even more excited.

It’s because Liverpool wanted him 12 months ago but we’re told he would cost £40m, so they went elsewhere. They had scouted him pretty heavily from the reports a year back. 

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Unless he's playing mind games and bluffing us. But then he might know that we know he's bluffing us therefore we have to call his bluff but then he'll know that we're calling his bluff but we'll know that he knows that we know but he'll know that we know he knows we know.. so I'd start with Jed Steer on the right wing to really put the cat among the pigeons.

Pop him in the box. He looked a menace when he went up front for a bit against Stoke.

Maybe that was the solution to our problems this whole time.

• Haha 1

On 02/10/2020 at 23:46, Xela said:

People are mixing up sprint, acceleration and top speed here I think. Trez was clocked at the fourth highest top speed the way I remember it. 

Top speed is not that important in football. Acceleration is everything. People can often need 50 yards to get up to top speed in their run, while in football you rarely have sprints over 30 meters. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People are mixing up sprint, acceleration and top speed here I think. Trez was clocked at the fourth highest top speed the way I remember it. 

Top speed is not that important in football. Acceleration is everything. People can often need 50 yards to get up to top speed in their run, while in football you rarely have sprints over 30 meters. 

Is this a part of game that can be worked on in your mid 20s because I’m sure Trez looked to have a burst of pace on Monday that I’ve never seen before.

Maybe it’s an area the club have been working on with him because he has got the technical ability, its the acceleration that let him down.

As for Traoré from what I’ve seen so far he seems to have that burst of pace wingers need but probably isn’t so quick over 30 yards. 

I genuinly can't say I've ever thought Trez looks especially pacy, but I think for large parts of last season his general play suffered from being unfit, or not fit enough for the PL. He often looked like he was about to fall over and was breathing out his arse.  Maybe he's simply gotten leaner and fitter. 

Just an observation from Thursdays game. He looked a little bit lost at times when we lost the ball to the transition and shape we currently play. Think Smith will bring him on as a sub until he becomes familiar with the press, cover and defensive shape expected when we lose the ball. Think he offers us something new going forward which is exciting.

Edited by Stockport_Villain
  • Like 1

Have to make full use of his acceleration and speed, but we dont really set players on proper long runs down flanks, so I dont know how were spose to utilise this at its fullest. 

Traore has a lovely pass, the one thing that bothers me is how fast he is and how he falls over himself at times, like his Brain cant catch upto his speed, whether that's a good or bad thing I do not know. Maybe Smith n Co can teach him to think faster so he can catch up to his accelration and speed in due time.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Just an observation from Thursdays game. He looked a little bit lost at times when we lost the ball to the transition and shape we currently play. Think Smith will bring him on as a sub until he becomes familiar with the press, cover and defensive shape expected when we lose the ball. Think he offers us something new going forward which is exciting.

Exactly this. It took half the team until June to finally have a system that seemed to work. Can’t expect a brand new signing to be up to speed after a few Caraboa cup games.

While I have no insight or idea about Smith's plans and the team ethos he wants to instill, I would be starting Traore against Liverpool.

I think his inclusions and appearances so far have been a way of getting him familiar with the approach and tactics as best possible so that he can assume a starting role pronto.

His creativity and ability on the ball are considerably better than Trez's, and that's essentially the two most fundamental traits of a successful forward.

So with that all said, I went and looked into what Trez offers the side, and Trez is actually top 60 league wide for BOTH tackles and interceptions.

Interesting..

One thing I wanted to say, and will, is that now Traore is here Trez is going to have to raise his standards to another level, it's not just about working hard, he's got to compete.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I would start both him and Barkley. 

We need to keep the ball and be able to break against Liverpool, both of those help us better than trez and hourihane. 

In terms of link up play or ability to go by opposition that actually penetrates defensive lines and threatens in the final third, Barkley and Traore are exponentially better.

However we also need to win the ball first to be able to keep it and break, which Trezeguet clearly does, even if I and whoever don't rate him on the ball.

Â