Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Interesting that he references Europe, I wonder if this is the internal target for dean and the team this year.

I think we might need to see a few more in and a few more out if we want to aim for a top 6 finish.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

By all means aim for Europe, but don’t broadcast it or make Smith’s job depend on it. It’s very unlikely to happen without more squad improvement and a large slice of luck. Mid table is absolutely fine.  

Odd to mention it, no ask for it, is this the expectation weve sold martinez, watkins, barkley

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Odd to mention it, no ask for it, is this the expectation weve sold martinez, watkins, barkley

I would say it’s part of the project that they were sold. Europe is definitely the aim, but I’d be doubtful that there’s a serious expectation for it to happen this season. 

I love this guy. I had to spend a few minutes finding the transcript from his interviews as they're not shown in Australia. 

He's got heart, dreams, determination..

Loved his comments about being ninth choice and the efforts to rise the ranks to first choice, and that outsiders really don't know what it's like.

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

By all means aim for Europe, but don’t broadcast it or make Smith’s job depend on it. It’s very unlikely to happen without more squad improvement and a large slice of luck. Mid table is absolutely fine.  

Technically, we should be aiming to win the whole league. It would be insane to expect us to do so, especially while we're still building, but that's the whole point of playing, right?

I'm sure he's aware this is unlikely at best, but the fact he has such aspirations of grandeur in the long term is nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

3 terrific saves. As much a part of the result as anyone else. 

Yeah had an iffy pass but didn’t affect him at all. So calm too. Claims everything that should be claimed. And his distribution is amaze. The ball to Grealish’s late in the 2nd was unbelievable , jack didn’t have to move. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Â