Emiliano Martínez

hippo

38 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

made a mistake, but think he didnt see it soon enough or mings was in the way or he expected mings to clear it or something, still a mistake, but eh.....i forgive him a few.

great save towards the end.

still lub u man.

You could see him fussing at Mings about it, guess Mings called it or something then missed?

8 hours ago, the_eristic said:

You could see him fussing at Mings about it, guess Mings called it or something then missed?

yeah dunno, maybe it was so close to mings as it came through he expected mings to have got some contact on it?.......no idea, but defo something as u say.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hopefully that’s his mistake out of his system at no cost!

great otherwise

Reacting from making mistakes is also a good way of judging a keeper as even the best make them now and then.  Martinez so far hasn't been tested that way because he has been so good, hopefully it was a one off that he got away with and he continues to be class for a long time.

• Like 1

I really like how vocal he is - even though he's relatively new to the team.

Several times tonight you could hear him shouting at the defence, commanding the line and also giving the fullbacks some stick for not closing down crosses.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 23:19, Villarocker said:

Bad mistake that could have cost us but my God can this guy pass a ball from the back. He's like having another player in defence rather than just being a keeper. 

Willing to let the mistake go.  Still establishing a relationship with the back 4, so it was most likely a communication issue which will improve during the season. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Great interview, and nice to hear him say we’re a step from Arsenal. He will have been taking from his own career perspective, but still good to hear. 

I can see this being the beginning of a long lasting love affair and hopefully, just maybe, we won’t have to buy any more keepers for a while. 

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Nice to hear him say Villa is a step up over Arsenal.

Thanks Martinez.

I think he’s been a bit misquoted. He was saying it’s a step up for his career (I.e. he’s now a first choice keeper and not a bench warmer), which it is. 

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I think he’s been a bit misquoted. He was saying it’s a step up for his career (I.e. he’s now a first choice keeper and not a bench warmer), which it is. 

Either way it sounds good but it does sound as though he's throwing a wrench at arsenal when having a beer with Villa.

Â