Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I was fairly sure that the Colossus of Rhodes was pretty Greek, so I looked it up, and the Latin word Colossus comes from the Greek Kolossos apparently, meaning  larger than life, or gigantic statue, so carry on.

You won't find bluenose forums talking about this (because they try to type with their clubbed feat and can't read a cereal box)

• Haha 1

Doesn't a card have to be physically shown to a player and their name written down?

This goblin of a ref did neither. He took the card out, then Luiz came over before he could flash it, then he told him to **** off and then put the card away again.

How exactly is that booking someone?

I honestly think these **** modern referees are touched in the head. They act like shell-shocked war vets sometimes, they lose the rag under seemingly innocuous circumstances half of the time and expose themselves as clearly not understanding the rules of the game the other half. **** nuts.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because booting the ball away is a booking for time wasting. 
This wasn’t time wasting

To a degree it delayed the restart, as Ollie didn't have a ball to take the penalty, then got further delayed when funnily enough the ball turned up from the crowd just as he was about to start his run up.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

To a degree it delayed the restart, as Ollie didn't have a ball to take the penalty, then got further delayed when funnily enough the ball turned up from the crowd just as he was about to start his run up.

Yeah but that’s not time wasting. It’s not like they’d have run out of time and only been able to take 9 penalties. There’s no clock ticking 

12 hours ago, Mantis said:

He is comfortably our most important player. He's not just world class in terms of ability but also in mentality. He's a born winner and just a huge personality that would be impossible to replace.

Correct.

Him and Watkins can not be sold because they cannot be replaced IMO. 

8 hours ago, est1874 said:

Doesn't a card have to be physically shown to a player and their name written down?

This goblin of a ref did neither. He took the card out, then Luiz came over before he could flash it, then he told him to **** off and then put the card away again.

How exactly is that booking someone?

I honestly think these **** modern referees are touched in the head. They act like shell-shocked war vets sometimes, they lose the rag under seemingly innocuous circumstances half of the time and expose themselves as clearly not understanding the rules of the game the other half. **** nuts.

Didn't he run at full speed across the penalty area with the card held as high and prominently as possible? That was my recollection... Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but that’s not time wasting. It’s not like they’d have run out of time and only been able to take 9 penalties. There’s no clock ticking 

I suppose the irony is had Emi not shit housed Bentaleb , he might have taken his miss more gracefully and not booted the ball away in frustration and thus Emi wouldn’t have been having to ask a ball boy for a football which apparently constitutes a bookable offence 

but sadly I’m resigned to Olsen being in goal now and just praying that isn’t going to cost us 

I am a believer.  I believe Emi is such a good goalie that even without his so-called “antics” he could have saved these two pens and maybe even some of the others.  Pity he can’t play for the first leg of the next tie. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Didn't he run at full speed across the penalty area with the card held as high and prominently as possible? That was my recollection... Could be wrong though.

I thought he did a Graham Poll and showed him a second yellow but forgot to show the red. The ref was that shit I wouldn't have been surprised 

If the first yellow for time wasting happened while the ball was in open play, we should be appealing tha one - it's factually, demonstrably an incorrect application of the rules.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

If the first yellow for time wasting happened while the ball was in open play, we should be appealing tha one - it's factually, demonstrably an incorrect application of the rules.

It didn’t. I’m not sure where this myth has come from as loads of people seem to be saying it. 

He was waiting to take a goal kick when he got booked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

"I miss him, I have to say"

Of course you **** miss him. Arsenal would have won the league twice in a row with him and not Ramsdale or Raya in goal 

I'm not even sure what he did wrong having watched the penalties about 4 times,  he shushed the crowd, wow. Send him off. Fact is, he's in everyone's heads especially the media who are about 80% Arsenal fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It didn’t. I’m not sure where this myth has come from as loads of people seem to be saying it. 

Thank you - the "if" was because I couldn't recall, but there did seem to be a lot of people saying it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you - the "if" was because I couldn't recall, but there did seem to be a lot of people saying it.

Yeah loads of people seem to think that’s what happened. 

Feels like it’s going to be the next “Jenas got injured by a sprinkler” myth 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One from my nephew

I thought pens were never much a villa thing.

Seems the more we got the more we lost

Pens were out to get me that's the way it seems.

Signing Emi changed all of my dreams.

Cuz when I saw his face. 

I'm a believer.

I'd like to know the time difference between keepers taking short goal kicks and long ones. It's a lot quicker to set up a short goal kick so it looks like more time is being wasted when they stand there but in reality I don't think there is.

I'm fed up of inconsistent refs so whatever can be done to take decisions out of their hands and made more factual is an improvement IMO. Make it so every game has multi ball and put a shot clock up of 25 seconds to take the goal kick from the moment the ball goes out of play. Same with corners, throw ins etc, stop having to add 9-10 mins on letting players slow games down.

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

"I miss him, I have to say"

Of course you **** miss him. Arsenal would have won the league twice in a row with him and not Ramsdale or Raya in goal 

Truly will be one of the great what ifs 10 years from now. If this current Arsenal team can never secure the PL or CL people will always circle back them selling us Emi. 

Then the cherry on top is we also have a boyhood Arsenal fan who is going to have multiple 20+ goals scored seasons. The schadenfreude potential is through the roof. Us ruining their title challenge this year is just the beginning. 

Â