Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 21/04/2024 at 18:43, tonyh29 said:

Ha , Onana gets two yellow cards in the game … guess what , he’s allowed to play in the final , FA have different rules to UEFA

spawny manc rocket polishers 

Bet his right pissed off, gonna be a busy day for him. 

• Haha 1

Is there really a better sight than Emi claiming a high ball or cross and then lying down on it? 😆

So reassuring and eases all nerves and tension 😆

46 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

A.matchwinner as much as Ollie  

Saves are the equivalent of shots on target BUT goals prevented is the equivalent of goals being scored. 

Its the most relevant stat out there for me, and if you are backing it up with commanding your box and commanding the space behind your teams high line then surely it means you are the best at what you are asked to do. You then add in most time on the ball in the whole of the Prem which allows Villa to conserve energy . The greatest. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Saves are the equivalent of shots on target BUT goals prevented is the equivalent of goals being scored. 

Its the most relevant stat out there for me, and if you are backing it up with commanding your box and commanding the space behind your teams high line then surely it means you are the best at what you are asked to do. You then add in most time on the ball in the whole of the Prem which allows Villa to conserve energy . The greatest. 

Watkins and Emi are the only 2 first XI players where we don't have backup without there being a big dropoff in quality. It is essential that they stay fit until we can get a new backup GK and Duran develops.

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He makes all the difference and is irreplaceable… all we could do is downgrade… massively.

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Are we appealing and trying to get Emi to play for both legs of the semi finals?

Unai said there will be discussions with UEFA… no certainty at this point it seems…

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Are we appealing and trying to get Emi to play for both legs of the semi finals?

I love Emi and will forgive him any sin but I’m not sure what grounds we would appeal on. I’m pretty sure “he was just asking for a ball back” would be laughed off :)

Edit: obviously hope I am wrong and we can convince whatever UEFA beancounter we need to!

Edited by Adam2003

I think the suspension is because he was booked in the first leg so with the 2 in the second league he has hit 3 which is the total that you can get before a suspension between groups and semi finals?

The argument would be should that yellow count towards the 3 as it was at the end of the game in another phase

58 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I think the suspension is because he was booked in the first leg so with the 2 in the second league he has hit 3 which is the total that you can get before a suspension between groups and semi finals?

The argument would be should that yellow count towards the 3 as it was at the end of the game in another phase

I was gonna say...can you even appeal yellows

7 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I was gonna say...can you even appeal yellows

Pretty sure it’s been confirmed that the suspension stands. You can’t appeal yellows unless it’s really exceptional circumstances, the ref being a bit crap isn’t going to be enough of a reason for UEFA to open up a one-off yellow card appeals process just for us. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Is there really a better sight than Emi claiming a high ball or cross and then lying down on it? 😆

So reassuring and eases all nerves and tension 😆

Him doing that then pretending to have hurt his back? 

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Pretty sure it’s been confirmed that the suspension stands. You can’t appeal yellows unless it’s really exceptional circumstances, the ref being a bit crap isn’t going to be enough of a reason for UEFA to open up a one-off yellow card appeals process just for us. 

Haven't read anything from UEFA, sky said they had heard from a contact in UEFA but nothing since then and no statement from them, yet. 

21 hours ago, david-avfc said:

If getting booked mistakenly for an offence that wasn't actually committed during a penalty shootout when it turns out yellow cards don't carry over and aren't recorded in the referee's report aren't really exceptional circumstances then I don't know what is.

Our injuries this season…unbelievable.  Poor Emi!

I guess it’s encouraging that he felt able to continue until halftime.  Hopefully an abundance of caution.

Edited by Stephen_Evans

Â