Emiliano Martínez

hippo

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

It was 100% a goal kick. It was only yesterday (and I wasn't drinking!). 

It was a harsh yellow - the game was tied, it was early on and I don't remember a serious previous warning. Crowd baited the ref into it big time. But it was definitely a dead ball.

It was definitely a goal kick but I remember the referree doing the "one, two, three" gesture, as if he'd done it several times already, when he absolutely hadn't. He didn't even take particularly long with the one he got booked for.

It just shows how poor the ref was because he subconciously remembered the several minutes we'd spent with the ball in play at Martinez' feet and his tiny brain thought "oh, those times were all set pieces too. I must book him". It was a classic sign of a ref who didn't have a clue.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, blunther said:

In fairness to the ref(!), I watched it back this morning to check the circumstances of the booking. It was a goal kick that hadn't been taken, the ball was not in open play.

Fair game for defending the ref 👏 

13 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

It was 100% a goal kick. It was only yesterday (and I wasn't drinking!). 

It was a harsh yellow - the game was tied, it was early on and I don't remember a serious previous warning. Crowd baited the ref into it big time. But it was definitely a dead ball.

Thanks - that does make it funnier that some of their fans were hollering for him to get a 2nd yellow while he was in actual open play possession in the second half

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It was definitely a goal kick but I remember the referree doing the "one, two, three" gesture, as if he'd done it several times already, when he absolutely hadn't. He didn't even take particularly long with the one he got booked for.

It just shows how poor the ref was because he subconciously remembered the several minutes we'd spent with the ball in play at Martinez' feet and his tiny brain thought "oh, those times were all set pieces too. I must book him". It was a classic sign of a ref who didn't have a clue.

Or, he could have been saying "I gave you 3 extra seconds - one, two, three - and you still didn't get the ball in play".

No-one knows.

Martinez is funny - shows the true bias in football.  We'd absolutely hate him if he wasn't a Villa player :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

This is not good at all.

Its not that bad. No penalty shootout and they probably won't have that many shots as we are at home and are likely to dominate possession. He will be back for the second leg, which will be the more important.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Or, he could have been saying "I gave you 3 extra seconds - one, two, three - and you still didn't get the ball in play".

No-one knows.

Martinez is funny - shows the true bias in football.  We'd absolutely hate him if he wasn't a Villa player :D 

Nah, he does the pointy motion to point to different areas of the pitch. He was definitely saying this is your third time.

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Nah, he does the pointy motion to point to different areas of the pitch. He was definitely saying this is your third time.

Different areas of the pitch for a goalkeeper? 😐 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Obviously not good to be missing him as I said but I'm sure Olsen and the rest of the team will step up and try their absolute hardest. Everyone knows what it means and I'm very keen to see how Emi performs in the second leg now.

Edited by HeroesAndVillans

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

TRO - not sure about this, Jones was a Thug and not on his own in that era.

Emi is full of xxxxhousery, whether you like it or not is down to the individual.

My concern would be that this type of thing has a habit of biting you on the bum.

I only hope that he is not setting himself up for a fall 🤞🤞

I stand by my interpretation.

I think Emi is loosely associated  with ****housery as an easy description....but in context, I don't think it is.

what Emi does, is passive.

Roy Keane was ****housery, or Mark Dennis and Julian Dicks

Look, I am not an authority on football descriptions, but that's the way, I see it.

Emi just teases the patience and seriousness of opponents....that's fine by me....refs are just rocked by the outcome, and feel they have to react....that's as much on the recipient for being weak, as Emi, for being strong.

Edited by TRO

nothing to lose in appealing the second yellow .. if its a bookable offence to ask the ball boy for a football then we might as well give up and go home 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

nothing to lose in appealing the second yellow .. if its a bookable offence to ask the ball boy for a football then we might as well give up and go home 

Sadly I've never known a yellow card to get rescinded other than when the ref's booked the wrong player.  It's **** stupid but I'd be very surprised if they did anything.  I think this is just Emi's reputation coming back to bite him on the bum, allied with an absolute scissors abortion of a referee.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sadly I've never known a yellow card to get rescinded other than when the ref's booked the wrong player.  It's **** stupid but I'd be very surprised if they did anything.  I think this is just Emi's reputation coming back to bite him on the bum, allied with an absolute scissors abortion of a referee.

there's enough video evidence I would have thought  ... a lot will depend on the refs report  , but for the Ssshhh motion the ref just gave him a  talking to  and he didn't argue with the ref or remonstrate with him  , so my take would be that the booking was for a new offence after the warning  , that offence clearly being picked up on camera of there being no ball on the field of play and him asking for a ball 

Â