Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Just now, KAZZAM said:

Would we have held on with Emi still on? 

Think he's our most important player tbh. 

I think he probably saves the first goal but the general play falls apart without him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Livescore had Olsen starting.

Emi stays on we probably win that. But we wouldn’t have deserved too.

I never get the deserved logic, we also didn't deserve to really beat Lile, so are we not deserving of the semis? 

4 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I never get the deserved logic, we also didn't deserve to really beat Lile, so are we not deserving of the semis? 

Don’t get the comparison. We were the better team over 2 legs so yes we deserve the semi’s. We have played well over a season which is why we deserve 4th. We didn’t play well today so it’s why we maybe didn’t deserve 3 points. 

Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that?

Even though point was about the keeper. Emi stays on we win.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t get the comparison. We were the better team over 2 legs so yes we deserve the semi’s. We have played well over a season which is why we deserve 4th. We didn’t play well today so it’s why we maybe didn’t deserve 3 points. 

Not sure what’s so hard to understand about that?

Even though point was about the keeper. Emi stays on we win.

I'd argue we were the worst team across both games and scraped a win on pens. And I think most our of fans had similar view, could be wrong or maybe I looked in the wrong places.

• Like 4

Just now, Alakagom said:

I'd argue we were the worst team across both games and scraped a win on pens. And I think most our of fans had similar view, could be wrong or maybe I looked in the wrong places.

Actually you’re right. We probably didn’t deserve to win that round. 

I just don’t get why you’re nit picking on my deserved comment.  

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Actually you’re right. We probably didn’t deserve to win that round. 

I just don’t get why you’re nit picking on my deserved comment.  

True, I think just jaded I've seen a lot of ''if Spurs win out with their fixtures they will deserve CL and we won't". Screw that, we need to get there haha 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

True, I think just jaded I've seen a lot of ''if Spurs win out with their fixtures they will deserve CL and we won't". Screw that, we need to get there haha 

Fair enough. We were shit today. But we’ll still get top 4. Don’t worry mate.

Obviously he's the best keeper in the world, BUT it's also important to realise that the rest of the team look like they're shitting themselves when Emi isn't there. 

He's always a calming influence, he's always available, he never misses a pass, a catch. Olsen, I don't think he's a bad keeper, but I also don't think he's half the option that Emi is. Emi is critical to how we play. Olsen doesn't fit that brief. 

• Like 1

People are deluded if they think with Emi we win that game utter bs see Brentfort or Man utd same crap happen. We were sloppy and casual and went in our shell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

People are deluded if they think with Emi we win that game utter bs see Brentfort or Man utd same crap happen. We were sloppy and casual and went in our shell. 

I disagree, every time Olsen is on, the rest of the team shit it. It's not Olsens fault, but it's a complete change in tactics and mindset. It's something that can be worked on, trained into a player.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Emi stays on we probably win that. But we wouldn’t have deserved too.

I always wonder about this mindset - I know what you mean, and don’t disagree with your point, they were better than us outfield 10 vs 10. But goalkeepers are part of the team. Us finding and investing in a great goalkeeper is a valid part of ‘deserving’ a win. I guess people say the same if a striker grabs a goal against the run of play though.

I don't think Emi on the pitch really changes a huge amount. We were still pretty awful and playing the same way in the first half. 

The relentless onslaught of the ball constantly coming at us likely would've took it's toll the same way. 

If Martinez was on the pitch Gallagher wouldn't have even had the chance to score that goal, because the chance wouldn't have arrived, the game would have followed a completely different trajectory, as Martinez would made completey different passes to those which Olsen made and from that the game would have followed a different course. We still might have lost the lead, but if had have done with Martinez on the pitch it would have happened in a different way

34 minutes ago, useless said:

If Martinez was on the pitch Gallagher wouldn't have even had the chance to score that goal, because the chance wouldn't have arrived, the game would have followed a completely different trajectory, as Martinez would made completey different passes to those which Olsen made and from that the game would have followed a different course. We still might have lost the lead, but if had have done with Martinez on the pitch it would have happened in a different way

Could have should have the fact is first of all the whole team went missing. The first goal was created by Luiz who has a tendency to get sloppy turnover the ball and we cop a goal and loose momentum.

Â