Emiliano Martínez

hippo

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How is that possible when their own official records show that Emi only got 1 yellow card last night 🙄

Possibly because the match report, including the one yellow, doesn't include the shoot out?

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I stand by my interpretation.

I think Emi is loosely associated  with ****housery as an easy description....but in context, I don't think it is.

what Emi does, is passive.

Roy Keane was ****housery, or Mark Dennis and Julian Dicks

Look, I am not an authority on football descriptions, but that's the way, I see it.

Emi just teases the patience and seriousness of opponents....that's fine by me....refs are just rocked by the outcome, and feel they have to react....that's as much on the recipient for being weak, as Emi, for being strong.

Sorry TRO - you and I are around the same age, we’ve seen the same things and those guys were thugs pure and simple.

Emi is a pussy cat when ranked alongside these guys.

Emi is full of xxxxhousery - but he ain’t a nasty piece of work. The tools you mention are.

This is how I see it anyway 👍🏻

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Different areas of the pitch for a goalkeeper? 😐 

Did you see this ref? Why is that a shock?

Watch it back, it's clearly what he does.

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Joke of a decision either way. That ref isn’t fit to oversee at this level.

There was a moment towards the end of 120 minuted when Emi must gave held the ball for about 15 - 20 seconds so you should be grateful the referees ain't got the bollocks to dish out second yellows for flagrant time wasting.

In no way can anyone think Emi hasn't had this coming for his antics for the past 4 or 5 years lol.

The man gets away with murder.

Either way, the club has nothing to lose in trying to take this as far as they can. 

Yes Olsen is fine for the most part but we'll want a minimum 2 goal lead going into the second leg and we need everything to go right given our defending lately.

54 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We'll be fine, Olsen will step in.

Emi will be back for tougher away 2nd leg.

Yeah this is for the best. Then he can get booked in the second leg, booked again in any pens, and still be fine for the final.

• Haha 3

One thing I don't get is why the Lille player didn't get booked for booting the ball into the crowd in the first place.  Kick the ball away in normal play you get a booking and if he hadn't done that, Emi doesn't have to ask for a ball, then avoids getting a yellow.

• Like 4

The suspension is totally out of order. The ref had a shocker all night. Both bookings Emi got were incredibly harsh. First was for time wasting when that wasn't what was happening. The second was for antagonising the crowd (not sure if that's even an offence) when he was asking for a ball from the ball boy.

Shit it 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

The suspension is totally out of order. The ref had a shocker all night. Both bookings Emi got were incredibly harsh. First was for time wasting when that wasn't what was happening. The second was for antagonising the crowd (not sure if that's even an offence) when he was asking for a ball from the ball boy.

Shit it 

And their moaning, diving little prick of a right back gets away with waving the imaginary yellow card in the refs face, which is far more of an actual yellow card offence. The ref was a complete clown.

Edited by Okonokos

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There was a moment towards the end of 120 minuted when Emi must gave held the ball for about 15 - 20 seconds so you should be grateful the referees ain't got the bollocks to dish out second yellows for flagrant time wasting.

In no way can anyone think Emi hasn't had this coming for his antics for the past 4 or 5 years lol.

The man gets away with murder.

He could easily have got a second yellow for that, I agree, but the two he got were absolute bs.

Can't help thinking that if the club involved was Liverpool, man 115y, or arsenal etc instead of Aston Villa, then the decision by EUFA about the goalkeeper being banned for the first leg would have been different......

55 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah this is for the best. Then he can get booked in the second leg, booked again in any pens, and still be fine for the final.

What if the ref gives Olsen 3 yellows next game, can we still loan Januzaj !!??

• Haha 1

Â