Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Not seen him much, but he looks talented. 

Hopefully he can cope with playing  a full season and the pressure that brings. 
He must be very vocal as our defence dries out for that guidance. 

Could really stabilise this position that has been unstable for at least 4 years. 

Good luck to him

I loved that interview with Emi. 

When he was asked which games he's looking forward to and it was playfully suggested one of them would be Arsenal the smile went away and he said;

"Nah, I wanna enjoy game by game in the Prem. We've got two good games at the beginning Sheffield United and Fulham, we need to stay on the front foot and win games, that's what we need"

It was all smiles after that, but Emi is a winner, he's not coming here to be second best to anyone else and he's also not here to lose games. I like him already. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Can’t see heaton getting back his number one spot after signing Martinez 

It’s a shame but an ACL at his age I just can’t see a full recovery. It was the right decision to bring Martinez in and now we have great competition in that spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if heaton goes once (if?) he recovers. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not seen him much, but he looks talented. 

Hopefully he can cope with playing  a full season and the pressure that brings. 
He must be very vocal as our defence dries out for that guidance. 

Could really stabilise this position that has been unstable for at least 4 years. 

Good luck to him

Watch his YouTube video. Incredible saves! 

If his general general command of the area and crosses is as good as his shot stopping we've got one hell of a keeper! 

54 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s a shame but an ACL at his age I just can’t see a full recovery. It was the right decision to bring Martinez in and now we have great competition in that spot. Wouldn’t be surprised if heaton goes once (if?) he recovers. 

For the money heaton is probably on, I’d look at shifting him out, steer is a decent number 2

• Like 1

Welcome Emi, very optimistic about this signing. That interview is perfection.

Its a shame for Heaton that injuries at perfectly bad times have destroyed what could have otherwise been an excellent career and excellent last few years to his career.  Still slim hope for him if he recovers, but fear his next step will be down the leagues. And he's still getting paid a wedge so sure it softens the blow at this point.

Great signs for us as a club with this signing

• Like 1

Absolutely, over the moon with this signing.....its such a crucial position to get right, give the whole team confidence.....it feels like a Mark Bosnich signing, over again.

We couldn't have not done it imo.....Tom has had a very bad injury and its no good rushing him back and it going again, he can realx now and let it heal progressively.

We have to now get a squad mentality in our heads......these players have to " fight" for the shirt......There is no allocated No 1,  its the guy who does the business who gets the shirt in every position......and that mentality will ensure no one wants to lose it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Interesting that Big Cuts did the selling of the club and talking to the player. Rather than Smith or Lange. Shows a real trust in his staff from Deano which is massive I think, and probably why we have such a good atmosphere. 

Got a great feeling about this one. 

Agree re: Cutler.

However it does beg the question as to what exactly Lange has been up to.

Working on other deals, hopefully...

Â