Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Look at those forced smiles, they clearly hate each other! 

Emery is perfect for Martinez.

Has the gravitas to keep him in line, and the knowledge to improve his game.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think they money can be used to improve our squad.

Controversial opinion.. But.. I don’t see the benefit of having a world class goalkeeper if we’re a mid table club trying to break the top 10 - 8.

If we had a world class striker or midfielder then we would have to keep him 100% and build a squad around that player.. 

the benefit is to not get sucked in to a relegation battle. 

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Three years ago, we had lost back-to-back games against Spurs and Southampton. Never would have imagined this photo existing then. We are very, very lucky.

Ha, we could quite easily lose back-to-back games against a top four and mid table side now. That's surely not as bad as you made it out to be :D

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think they money can be used to improve our squad.

Controversial opinion.. But.. I don’t see the benefit of having a world class goalkeeper if we’re a mid table club trying to break the top 10 - 8.

If we had a world class striker or midfielder then we would have to keep him 100% and build a squad around that player.. 

Keepers can win you games - and lose them.

We have had plenty of experience recently with sub standard keepers.

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Three years ago, we had lost back-to-back games against Spurs and Southampton. Never would have imagined this photo existing then. We are very, very lucky.

I don't understand the analogy. Lost back to back games against Spurs and Southampton? We lost back to back games against Leicester and Citeh last month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I just think that if the price is right.. Sell him

I'm here too. I think the Greedish saga made me realise to just enjoy them while they are here, and if they get poached, so be it, at least drive a hard bargain. 

If he loves it here now, great, but memories are short when massive contracts appear.

24 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I just think that if the price is right.. Sell him

Not sure that's the correct approach to the transfer market for us, tbh. Look at Spurs, do they cash in on their MVPs? No, they fight tooth and nail to keep them, and I think it's absolutely fair to say they would not still be top four right now without likes of Kane and Son. By rights the rest of that squad certainly have no business being up there.

We should be doing everything we can to keep Emi, full stop, IMO.

• Like 1

Â