Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Well it has to be Jacob Ramsey. It's amazing how much we savage these players, no matter their age or even their genuine brilliance as a more senior pro. An appreciation of just how tough this league is seems beyond most fans.

It’s def Targett. Ramsey has flourished

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

full 50min episode.

Anyone who hasn’t watched the full 50 mins definitely should. It’s a treat, a real insight. 

I also presume he’s talking about Targett as the player that was brilliant last season but hid once the pressure was on with the crowds back in.

He clearly adores Neil Cutler, refers to him constantly. And he’s driven by his individual targets which I really like.

As thought, Beale is extremely important in the managerial set up, does most of the talking, Emi said it’s like having two managers (in a v complimentary way).

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but wouldnt Watford fans be annoyed that Foster is making these videos while the team is struggling?  Guess it's the new reality.

I’d hope most of them would realise that having an hour chat with someone in an afternoon on his own time would have 0 effect on whether Watford can beat Wolves in midweek.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’d hope most of them would realise that having an hour chat with someone in an afternoon on his own time would have 0 effect on whether Watford can beat Wolves in midweek.

Leon Bailey was getting abuse online on Friday from Villa fans for having the cheek of posting a family dinner 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but wouldnt Watford fans be annoyed that Foster is making these videos while the team is struggling?  Guess it's the new reality.

to be fair foster says in the video he doesn't care less about abuse!

absolutely loved the interview. brilliant watch.

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

Goalkeepers are both simultaneously the most intelligent and most insane people in football. 

Emi is doubly insane. Easily one of the biggest wind-up merchants in the game right now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting that Emi said about Gerrard:

He reminds me of Wenger, when Gerrard walks in you get that "wow" feeling, he has prescence, he has the respect of the players.

Interestingly, he also said the assistant coach does all the talking, takes nearly all the meetings, does all the training sessions, does all the tactics, he knows so much about football. (talking about Beale).

Also a very interesting observation, they were talking about younger players getting nervous as a game gets closer, and Emi said..."yeah, there was a player at Villa, who played amazing during covid...without the fans, but when the fans came back he wasnt as confident, hid from the ball and stuff, i said to him....stop hiding, get the ball and go forward".

Interesting, wonder who that was.

Emi M also said the south american group have a really close relationship, Emi, Emi 2, Coutinho and Luiz go bowling once a week etc.

That could be quite important for us to progress.

19 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Emi M also said the south american group have a really close relationship, Emi, Emi 2, Coutinho and Luiz go bowling once a week etc.

Hollywood Bowl at Broadway Plaza or Stirchley Bowl?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Hollywood Bowl at Broadway Plaza or Stirchley Bowl?

Could be the one at Star City as they all live in Sutton I believe. 

16 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Like it **** matters. Fans need to get a grip and realise players have lives and playing football is a job at the end of the day. 

12 hours ago, a m ole said:

Didn't help tonight ;) 

• Haha 1

He could actually end up being one of my favourite villa players ever , the way he talks about the club , his enthusiasm to everything and of course his performances ( I’ll ignore the few dodgy performances ) 

I suspect  he’s a big reason why the spirit in the club looks so good 

• Like 2

Â