Emiliano Martínez

hippo

20 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He’s the best keeper we’ve had since Bosnich. He is truly world class. We won’t be able to get better. We are lucky to have him. I honestly would sell anybody else ahead of Emi. He is so important for us and a top fella to boot.

Agreed, other than I think he's actually better than Bosnich and his head won't be so easily turned as Mark's was when he chose to re-join Newton Heath, instead of staying with us (that turned out well for him didn't it?:(). 

For me, Emi is alongside Ederson and Allison as one of the top three keepers in the PL. Pickford, Mendy, Pope (who West Ham have been linked with for just £12m if Burnley drop!), Lloris, Ramsdale, Schmeichel, Meslier and Sa, are decent as well, but we now have a really top quality goalkeeper, who actually quite likes playing for us and that appreciates the progress he's made/being first choice with us. Reminds me a bit of another GK that Arsenal let go, who did rather well with us:

Como o Aston Villa foi campeão inglês com apenas 14 jogadores

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed, other than I think he's actually better than Bosnich and his head won't be so easily turned as Mark's was when he chose to re-join Newton Heath, instead of staying with us (that turned out well for him didn't it?:(). 

For me, Emi is alongside Ederson and Allison as one of the top three keepers in the PL. Pickford, Mendy, Pope (who West Ham have been linked with for just £12m if Burnley drop!), Lloris, Ramsdale, Schmeichel, Meslier and Sa, are decent as well, but we now have a really top quality goalkeeper, who actually quite likes playing for us and that appreciates the progress he's made/being first choice with us. Reminds me a bit of another GK that Arsenal let go, who did rather well with us:

Como o Aston Villa foi campeão inglês com apenas 14 jogadores

De Gea is the best keeper in the PL. 

Man Utd would be a mid table side this season without him. Literally. 

16 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

De Gea is the best keeper in the PL. 

Man Utd would be a mid table side this season without him. Literally. 

He was once, for me he's not quite as good as he was, he's just getting a lot more action now. That said, I should have included him in my list of also rans...;)

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Speaks volumes that this thread is largely silent for weeks at a time.

We could probably do with a chant for him so he atleast understands the love we have for him.

Do any keepers have chants these days?

Emi Martinez

From Argentina

he came to Villa, from Arse-enal.

He's 6ft 7.

He's football heaven.

Please dont take, our Emi, away!

(i know he's not 6ft 7........)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Oh Emi, Emi, Emi. My son and I are in stitches laughing. Pure shithousery. Love it.

Clearly doing it for fun too 😂

Sorry, but Marti’s time wasting has gotten ridiculous. In the 80th minute, I understand, but in the first half? Someday he's going to get a card for it, and then he won’t be able to do the gamesmanship when we need it at the end. Besides, when you waste time that early, the score could reverse and you could regret not having the time at the end.

20 minutes ago, TomC said:

Sorry, but Marti’s time wasting has gotten ridiculous. In the 80th minute, I understand, but in the first half? Someday he's going to get a card for it, and then he won’t be able to do the gamesmanship when we need it at the end. Besides, when you waste time that early, the score could reverse and you could regret not having the time at the end.

I agree. Time wasting is for when your team is clearly weaker than the opposition. In other cases, it’s throwing away time that could be useful if the opposition get a fluke goal and you have to chase. Plus it can send the wrong message to the team.

Â