Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Could it be the first chance they’ve had to parade the cup in front of a full crowd?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Or first home game since they won. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Arsenal fans will have you believe they did the right thing by selling him because they now have Ramsdale

They also thought they were going to sign Grealish. 

Essentially with Arsenal fans you just have to

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They chose leno over martinez and leno isnt even their no 1 now.

Unbelievably poor decision making by le arse

It's fine. They've got a guy who can side volley a football now and saved a Maddison free kick so he's the second coming of Christ

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Has something happened to Emi?

Didn't seem to want to claim crosses. The 2nd and 3rd tonight came after high, looping balls into the 6 yard box. In previous games he'd be all over those, tonight he struggled.

And one he did collect he went down injured after.

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Has something happened to Emi?

Didn't seem to want to claim crosses. The 2nd and 3rd tonight came after high, looping balls into the 6 yard box. In previous games he'd be all over those, tonight he struggled.

I think in his defence, neither of the second or third goal crosses he could have caught. Both were deflected crosses which took the ball away from him.

He did seem very nervy though. But defensively we were soft.

One thing that i never thought i would question but have to. Is he getting his positioning wrong when players are shooting from the left of him. It seems that he has been beaten in that way probably 5 or 6 times since he joined.  I do not know whether its him or its just the quality of the strikes but it does seem to happen an awful lot. When the opposition shoot across him he never gets anywhere near it .

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Not as good as last year. Who knows why.

Less bodies on the line in front of him and a few flukey goals to be honest, for as much stick as Ming's gets, I'd say it's the gel between the back 4 sthats causing more goals conceded. SG is close to fixing us offensively, MF still needs a little tinkering but it's at the back where some adjustment is needed. It's making Emi look off but I do not think he is. He could have done better on a couple but that's it. No worries with him.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Not as good as last year. Who knows why.

Yes. Our defence conceded a lot of shots last season and he earned us draws and wins with his amazing repeated shot stopping. Over and over again in some matches (Brighton away I think?).

This season he’s not really doing anything wrong (apart from the United game) and has made some excellent saves but is looking reasonably easy to beat. I can’t believe the same defence (Targetts played most games) kept 15 clean sheets last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes. Our defence conceded a lot of shots last season and he earned us draws and wins with his amazing repeated shot stopping. Over and over again in some matches (Brighton away I think?).

This season he’s not really doing anything wrong (apart from the United game) and has made some excellent saves but is looking reasonably easy to beat. I can’t believe the same defence (Targetts played most games) kept 15 clean sheets last season.

The quality of shots last year were also from a bit further out, this year the opposition are getting into the box more to shoot

Â