Emiliano Martínez

hippo

He did a recent interview with Ben Foster where he said he's been working with Neil Cutler on trying to save shots coming through legs and off deflections. 

Said he's been getting really frustrated as he's conceded a high number of goals that way so has been working on it in training.

Still looks like it is his one area of difficulty as watching it back, I wouldn't even say it's a cleanly struck shot from Saka.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Dived like lightning to his left. Dived like treacle to his right. Trying to remember previous goals – is this a recurring theme?

I've heard one it two mention that he struggles diving in one direction more than the other

He’s much weaker to his right. Conceded too soft goals that side against West Ham at home this season and last. Think there may have been a soft one against Burnley away last season the same side as well?

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Astounding reaction save but he wouldn't know a quick throw release if it slapped him in the face.

I dont think thats on Martinez. Is never anybody available for a quick throw

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not in goal for Argentina, is he injured?

hmm....

Not on the bench either.

eeeekkkkk......

edit: his Instagram shows him on a bike 10hrs ago, and 3hrs ago he has a talking segment on his Instagram, but no idea what he is saying ofc.....

He is also shown at the stadium for the match with his missus.

I really hope he aint injured.

Edited by MaVilla

On 19/03/2022 at 20:26, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Dived like lightning to his left. Dived like treacle to his right. Trying to remember previous goals – is this a recurring theme?

Difference is he wouldn't have seen sakas shot until it passed the last defender who was just a few meters in front of him.  Saying he should have saved it is massively harsh.  Few keepers in the world would have stopped it. 

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Difference is he wouldn't have seen sakas shot until it passed the last defender who was just a few meters in front of him.  Saying he should have saved it is massively harsh.  Few keepers in the world would have stopped it. 

How many times have I seen people say this about a goal he conceded this season. Way more than last season that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Worse by the game.

Amazed he is getting a free pass from any criticism. He’s saving barely anything at the moment. It feels like everytime a team gets a shot on target they score. Another one of last seasons star performers whose form has dropped off a cliff this season and nobody can blame Gerrard for that.

I've been frustrated by some goals that have gone in this season (he particularly seems to struggle with shots coming through players legs) but what did he do wrong yesterday?

Son's three finishes were sublime and Kuzulewski's was good as well. 

The second is the only one where there's even a chance that he's at fault....but I think it was just a good goal.

• Like 1

Â