Emiliano Martínez

hippo

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm attributing a good bit of the goal to Martinez - he had Buendia move a yard to the left, then two yards yard to the right, then two to the left - then hurriedly left him in a strange area just off the end of the wall that interfered with his line of vision and gave Trippier a gap to aim at - it was just odd. Martinez has got to be better at organising a wall than that. It was schoolboy stuff.

This kind of criticism I'm fine with by the way.

My previous post was aimed at people saying he should have saved the shot. Which fair enough I don't think anyone on here has but there were plenty of people on social media saying it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

What about Coutinho?

He wasn't with an English team then. All the UK based Brazilians at the time, didn't travel i think?

Although it means now that Coutinho has 3 qualifiers left to play instead of 2. 

Edited by Xela

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

He wasn't with an English team then. All the UK based Brazilians at the time, didn't travel i think?

Although it means now that Coutinho has 3 qualifiers left to play instead of 2

That was the point I was making tbh. We lose him for an extra game now.

Missed the conversation on Martinez last week but I do think he has to take some blame for the the goal. It’s his job to set up the wall and players around it. Not sure what he expected of Buendia.

Emi’s a top keeper but he hasn’t been at his very high standard this season.  He’ll know that himself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see him marching round his box catching the ball again.

Not that he ever did, but it's worth a few drops or fumbles to prevent many many chances of shots on our goal.

Â