Emiliano Martínez

hippo

15 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We need to get a new coach in to help with our playing out from the back strategies.

Absolutely. Passing it around the back then panicking and hoofing it to our tiny forward line is not a great strategy. 

People who have been calling out his distribution tonight - he has severe tendonitis in his kicking knee which can flare (hence the heavy strapping tonight). At one point he was wincing. 

he mentioned it can affect his kicking when he did the interview with Ben Foster on his YouTube channel. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

People who have been calling out his distribution tonight - he has severe tendonitis in his kicking knee which can flare (hence the heavy strapping tonight). At one point he was wincing. 

he mentioned it can affect his kicking when he did the interview with Ben Foster on his YouTube channel. 

ye i saw that interview.

made me wonder how bad it is, and how bad it might become, considering we tied him down a t 5.5 yr contract!

wonder how bad it can impact him?

Just now, MaVilla said:

ye i saw that interview.

made me wonder how bad it is, and how bad it might become, considering we tied him down a t 5.5 yr contract!

Given that I could have farted the ball further than his second half clearances, I’d say pretty bad. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Given that I could have farted the ball further than his second half clearances, I’d say pretty bad. 

Wow ye. I noticed that when he had a goal kick in injury time at the end and it didn't reach the halfway line. Not great.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye i saw that interview.

It's an over use injury - can easily be managed. Not quite sure how a GK can pick up such an injury. More common in runners / cyclists 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

It's an over use injury - can easily be managed. Not quite sure how a GK can pick up such an injury. More common in runners / cyclists 

maybe he was unlucky and is just prone to it genetically or such like?, dunno.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

maybe he was unlucky and is just prone to it genetically or such like?, dunno.

I would have thought a decent physio would have been all over that to be honest. Rest is the best cure - which as a GK he should be able to do.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I would have thought a decent physio would have been all over that to be honest. Rest is the best cure - which as a GK he should be able to do.

fingers crossed for him then!

The last thing we need is one of the best goalkeepers we have had in many years....getting crocked!

Just now, MaVilla said:

fingers crossed for him then!

The last thing we need is one of the best goalkeepers we have had in many years....getting crocked!

He'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

His distribution has never been great but past two games it's been appalling. 

Its why he will never be a 50 million goalkeeper or play in the business stage of the Champions League

From the presser today, sounds like the season end can't come soon enough for Emi1...assuming that tendonitis is the cause of his slight doubt for this game. 

Edited by MrBlack
Damn American autocorrect

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

From the presser today, sounds like the season end can't come soon enough for Emi1...assuming that tendinitis is the cause of his slight doubt for this game. 

I would've assumed he might start Olsen this game anyway, just so he makes at least 1 appearance.

Â