Emiliano Martínez

hippo

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not sure how true the above is.

Probably nonsense judging by his Twitter profile.

Other more creditable sources on twitter are saying the personal terms are agreed and Arsenal have agreed to let him leave. Just have to agree fee and get their replacement in. 

Some comments from 2 Arsenal fans I know and another who hates Villa 😄

Arsenal fan 1 -

"Very good keeper mate. In the games he played last season he was superb!

I’d hate it if Arsenal sell him but Arsenal need the cash" 

Arsenal fan 2 - 

"I think he is great too

Seems like a nice guy that has always been in the background of the club and overlooked but always ready" 

Villa hater - 

"I love Heaton

Loved*

Martinez is quality. Shame they spent so much on Leno" 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Cech

De Gea

Lloris

Pickford

K. schmeichel

You know they have brought Alisson and Ederson to be 10 year type length keepers.

Successful clubs have solid foundations that are there for years like the goalkeepers.  I imagine there are more clubs with keepers approaching 10 years....like Ter Stegen of Barca or for the potential of 10 years Courtios was brought for that by RealMadrid.

Fair enough there’s been a few. But most were younger than Martinez. 5 yrs out of him would be great though 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

He looked seriously good last season.

Better than Leno IMO.

There is a niggly thing where he's hardly played in his career. Been on loan to champ and league 1, why has no one come in for him?

Solid ambition though. Going for #1 targets. Why didn't we do this three weeks ago again?

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Are they saying he has chosen villa over PSG... sweet!

Pinch of salt, but the narrative follows, he wants guaranteed 1st team football. I wasn’t convinced as I thought Heaton was soon to be back. Can we talk about now how Heaton has a been a bit overrated since he’s been here. This seems an upgrade, but I don’t know too much about Martinez beyond last season exploits. 

54 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Pinch of salt, but the narrative follows, he wants guaranteed 1st team football. I wasn’t convinced as I thought Heaton was soon to be back. Can we talk about now how Heaton has a been a bit overrated since he’s been here. This seems an upgrade, but I don’t know too much about Martinez beyond last season exploits. 

I never really recovered from his brain explosion that cost us first game against Bournemouth

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Dean Smith can't attract players? Dean Smith persuasive speech persuades Emiliano to sign for Villa.

Howd you know Smith is the one doing the talking and its not Lange or Purslow, either way someones got some sweet smelling Ball Bags that can attract the players.

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Howd you know Smith is the one doing the talking and its not Lange or Purslow, either way someones got some sweet smelling Ball Bags that can attract the players.

See @PieFacE post with the embedded tweet. 

"Dean smith has been key to this deal and persuading him to sign over a host of clubs in the league." - from the embedded tweet.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

See @PieFacE post with the embedded tweet. 

"Dean smith has been key to this deal and persuading him to sign over a host of clubs in the league." - from the embedded tweet.

Smith seems to have aided in the Watkins deal but that's all I've read in any dealing involving Smith  this Window. Thought the club usually keeps this kind of thing hush hush anyway and do not release such info??

Â