Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Absolutely love him. He is the best keeper since Bosnich, maybe even better. He is the best villa signing for quite some time. Maybe the best signing since...... I don’t know. What does everyone else think? For vfm probably the best since Bossie who was cheap as chips

2nd best signing since I've been a fan (89/90). 

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

Just checking. What about Dwight?

He only really had 2 top seasons with us. 95/96 and 96/97 , 97/98 was good but not as good as the previous 2.

I'd put laursen and mellberg above him. 

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Just checking. What about Dwight?

What about Dwight.

Many players who stuck it out at the club would be before him I reckon.

Ugo Ehiogu, Staunton, Saunders and atkinson and Mark Draper are among some of my preferred top players from the 90s.

Now I am not saying he wasn't good for us, he was, but soon as he moved he lost his bloody marbles and career basically.

Edited by Dave-R

Martinez has been an incredible signing. Arsenal must be driven nuts by how well he has performed for us.

If we can get our system bang on and our front line players can keep the ball better then I think next season EMI could be better and come out with more clean sheets.

What a guy. He makes most saves look easy, so it doesn’t look as though he’s made many “worldies” this season, but how refreshing. Incredible bloke. 

Premier League signing of the season for me. I’m sure all the pundits will say it’s Ruben Dias, but the impact Emi has had on us is greater, especially considering the cost. 

Why Arsenal let him go is the biggest mystery since how Morrissey turned out to be a massive bellend. 

• Haha 2

He's been such an astute signing from DS and his team. There was a lot of talk that Heaton was pissed about the signing but Emi could be our No 1 for 7-8 years. 

The steps we have made defensively this season have been beyond my expectations. DS and his team deserve so much credit for that. 

• Like 1

His interview after the game was incredible. Full of praise for those in front of him.

A natural leader, a great goalkeeper and an incredible signing. 

It's nice to see us being run properly with every decision being thoroughly thought out. 

This one in particular as it turns out, was a no brainer.

• Like 1

Give him a new contract. He deserves a pay rise. I’ve never loved a player so much so soon. A true pro, driven, ambitious, fantastic reflexes and reactions. Great personality for the dressing room. Again, a leader without the armband. Best signing in years. 

On 13/05/2021 at 23:06, M_Afro said:

Absolutely love him. He is the best keeper since Bosnich, maybe even better. He is the best villa signing for quite some time. Maybe the best signing since...... I don’t know. What does everyone else think? For vfm probably the best since Bossie who was cheap as chips

Possibly since Benteke. For 7 mil he kept us up 3 seasons running and we made a huge profit on him. 

Martinez has been vital, but not AS vital. 

Fair? 

Mings on loan in the championship also was a game changer, if we consider loan signings. 

• Like 2

Â