Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have been saying for a while but I think his kicking is very overrated, he has been a brilliant signing but sometimes he just kicks it out of play when aiming for the full backs

I wish he'd just kicked it out into the stands as the first goal wouldn't have happened then. Didn't actually have much else to do as Kane penalties are pretty much unsaveable.

He'll be back. Last errors were v West Ham and he was excellent next match v Arsenal so usually bounces back with a clean sheet.

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Reina moment

I thought it was the right decision. Vinicius had judged the pass a slight second ahead of Konsa so he'd have been favourite to get it and be in on goal. Right decision, just poor execution of the kick.

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I think he is carrying an injury personally that is effecting his kicking.

I agree. It has dropped off massively over the last several games, and having had to have an injection and Mings take goal kicks for him a few weeks back says playing with a niggling injury to me.

Regarding the goal, it wasn't a great ball out to a player under pressure, though I would guess it's because we really needed to try to hold onto the ball as we were winning nothing from high balls. In any case, a turnover near enough the center circle required a number of mistakes by the rest of the players in between for it to end in a goal, wasn't like they chipped it over him or blasted it in from 30 yards out. Defense needed to be more alert there for me.

• 3 weeks later...

33 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wow, all the way back on the 3rd page.

Just a reminder that I love this man.

Indeed.  The photo he posted of the team after the last game suggests morale is still high and this chap is as much at the centre of it as anyone else.

Another contender for POTS.

25 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That save in the build up to their second goal today was world class. He’s done his best today and made some brilliant stops, commanded his area and just been let down by his team mates. 

Yep, didn't deserve to be beaten 5 seconds later. That save should've got us the point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Even the save for the first goal was brilliant. However Mings was on his heels and Salah came from.behind to ram it home.

You do realise that Mo Salah is one of the quickest players in the league don’t you? Mings got outpaced by a player that is quicker than him.

That save pretty much summed up the game for me though. The ball falls perfectly for Salah whereas the Trezeguet shot off the post doesn’t fall kindly for us. Fine margins and all that.

9 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Even the save for the first goal was brilliant. However Mings was on his heels and Salah came from.behind to ram it home.

I thought that was a poor save for his standards. It wasn’t hit with that much power so his normally getting a stronger hand on that.  But overall he played well as always. 

I find it more infuriating that there left back is getting a shot off from the edge of the area when we had the ball a few moments earlier (I think).

We just couldn’t handle them for large periods of that game. 

Just listening to his post match interview. He strikes me as the sort of character that could really make it as a manager in the future.

I'm not sure of many keepers that go into management (rather than just goalkeeping coaches) but he seems to have all the attributes to me.

• Like 1

he has looked quite dejected in the last couple of interviews he has seen, he clearly see's our form dropping off a cliff also.

Great player, great guy, one of only 4-6 players i think are actually top level players for us.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he has looked quite dejected in the last couple of interviews he has seen, he clearly see's our form dropping off a cliff also.

Great player, great guy, one of only 4-6 players i think are actually top level players for us.

Agreed, and it seems to me he is perfectly aware of what the issues are.

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

You do realise that Mo Salah is one of the quickest players in the league don’t you? Mings got outpaced by a player that is quicker than him.

That save pretty much summed up the game for me though. The ball falls perfectly for Salah whereas the Trezeguet shot off the post doesn’t fall kindly for us. Fine margins and all that.

No I didn't realise that he was one of the quickest. Thanks for letting me know. Brilliant stuff.

Amongst a lot of the negativity of recent months, this guy continues to be a shining light. What a signing he has been. Two or three midfield players to have a similar impact next season and we will be transformed. 

Â