Emiliano Martínez

hippo

On 10/03/2021 at 13:13, Dave-R said:

I don't think that tells the whole story. Back then we needed coinage and if they were here now with our current Owners or I'll put it in better words if we had our Owners back then I doubt Barry or Milner would of been sold. Big clubs did what big clubs did back then and they would take advantage of everyone elsees misfortune. The crap those clubs were going through couldn't stop such moves because clubs just needed the money. Nowa days there are so many rich Owners in this league it's much easier to tell big clubs to do one and they have not the power to bully there way into deals as they did a decade and more ago.

Put it simply our Owners coming in gave us F off power or Grealish would of gone faster than lightning for peanuts.

Much easier to be a big boy when you have the money to back up your big boy words against the big boys and I do not believe any club could back NSWE into a corner and bully them into selling anyone they don't want to sell. Our Owners don't need the money, I'd go as far as to say they are bored and want ways to spend it, they have that much of it.

I wouldn’t say ‘bored’ per se, but for successful individuals this rich it becomes about legacy. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

🤣

Bizarre because he just signed?
Bizarre because he is too good for them?
Bizarre because he likes it here and doesn't want to move?
Bizarre because Man U won't spend £60m+ on a new keeper? 
Bizarre because they have a solid De Gea and a very solid Henderson?

Why else could it be ''bizarre' ?

41 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Bizarre because paying De Gea 400k a week and Henderson another 100k 😂

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No chance will we be selling martinez. ZERO.

He is worth more than double what we paid arsenal

He is essentially on par with Jack, at the back, for me.

Imagine if we could get two more players of the same level in two other key areas of the pitch this summer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if we struggled to hang on to Martinez this summer.

He displays have been totally top draw - he's good enough for any club in the world to be honest. Some of those clubs won't baulk at a £60m price tag and more than trebling his wages.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if we struggled to hang on to Martinez this summer.

He displays have been totally top draw - he's good enough for any club in the world to be honest. Some of those clubs won't baulk at a £60m price tag and more than trebling his wages.

Wasn't Allison like 70 mill?

I'd want at least 100 mill.

Obviously I'd prefer him not to go at all... But.

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Holy shit are they still paying him? Their outlay on goalkeeper wages must be higher than some PL clubs entire wage bills.

He's still there anyway unless I've missed something.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2021 at 09:08, Mic09 said:

De Gea is on impossible wages to shift and Henderson has looked good with run of games he's had in last few weeks so yes would be bizarre move purely from that perspective. They've still actually got Sergio Romero on their books aswell still.

Edit: Yet another thread where I didn't read the posts directly above, sorry!

It's just a random link. I expect us to offer him new long term deal as soon as season ends as he simply deserves it.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I have been saying for a while but I think his kicking is very overrated, he has been a brilliant signing but sometimes he just kicks it out of play when aiming for the full backs

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have been saying for a while but I think his kicking is very overrated, he has been a brilliant signing but sometimes he just kicks it out of play when aiming for the full backs

I think he is carrying an injury personally that is effecting his kicking.

• Like 1

Â