Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

A bit of Googling shows he’s on £47k per week. I’d offer an improved deal for another 5 years personally.

A new 5 year deal on much improved terms would be very deserved. He only signed for 4 years initially, i suspect driven by Emi but who knows. 

You'd hope with the performances he's delivered and the consistency that he's shown warrants 5 years, and that he's now got some faith in the longer term plans for our club that a new 5 year deal would be accepted, especially on a bigger salary.

3 years left as it stands so I'd be worried about leaving it another year,  but can't see that happening 

• Like 1

Yeah agree, I hope we sign him onto an improved contract for 5 years during next season. They will be his peak years and we need to lock down our best players on longer term contracts now. Luiz if he doesn't rejoin City and Emi would be the two at the top of the list. Watkins if he improves again next season would deserve one the season afrer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Emi making his national debut in goal against Chile this evening. Congratulations to Argentina’s No 1! 

Yes! Such great news! So chuffed for him. Aston Villa making more dreams come true!

edit: is this today, google says the game is Friday? Also, is it televised in anyway?

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Emi making his national debut in goal against Chile this evening. Congratulations to Argentina’s No 1! 

Actually sent a shiver of excitement down my spine.  It really is a just reward for his performances, and so thoroughly deserved. He must be so happy, and I'm sure he'll be hugely grateful to Villa for helping him with that. Great news!!!

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Being seen by younger players as a gateway club to their national team ambitions cannot be a bad thing. From this squad Luiz made his senior debut at Villa, Ollie, Ty, Jack, now Emi. AEG only just missed out this time, Konsa and Targett waiting in the wings too. 

It’s a great pattern to be setting.

And Wesley too? 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yes! Such great news! So chuffed for him. Aston Villa making more dreams come true!

edit: is this today, google says the game is Friday? Also, is it televised in anyway?

Will be plenty of rivers flowing....normally watch the Commebol qualifiers on Bet365.

Think premier sports are showing it and there's a repeat on Freesports at 6.30pm on Friday.

https://www.freesports.tv/

Should be a comfortable night for him...Chile now the Crystal Palace of international football as half of their starting line up will likely be over 30.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Will be plenty of rivers flowing....normally watch the Commebol qualifiers on Bet365.

Think premier sports are showing it and there's a repeat on Freesports at 6.30pm on Friday.

https://www.freesports.tv/

Should be a comfortable night for him...Chile now the Crystal Palace of international football as half of their starting line up will likely be over 30.

Thank bud. I’ve just realised it’s at 1am BST so I might watch the repeat! 😆 thanks!

20 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Watching Pickford last night makes me appreciate our Emi more than ever. He’s the gold standard of goalkeepers, and he’s all ours.

Jerry Seinfeld Lol GIF

Have Argentina always had great goalkeepers? For some reason when I think good goalkeepers I always think Argentina and Italy (and Sunderland tbh).

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Argentina on the covid red list so he will need to self isolate on return to uk as would any potential future signings who may have been there.

I don’t know if ‘elite’ sports has an exemption to red list isolation - if not, he won’t be ‘self’ isolating, he will isolating in a ‘COVID hotel’ designated by the government. I can’t imagine sports stars spending 10 days in some dodgy hotel room with food on a tray left at the door.

23 minutes ago, brommy said:

I don’t know if ‘elite’ sports has an exemption to red list isolation - if not, he won’t be ‘self’ isolating, he will isolating in a ‘COVID hotel’ designated by the government. I can’t imagine sports stars spending 10 days in some dodgy hotel room with food on a tray left at the door.

Elite sport has to be exempt.  

I didn’t see the Mancs and Chelsea teams in the quarantine hotel after their trip to Porto.

27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Elite sport has to be exempt.  

I didn’t see the Mancs and Chelsea teams in the quarantine hotel after their trip to Porto.

Portugal was a “green list” country at the time of their finals so isolating wasn’t a requirement for returning to  the UK.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

Â