Emiliano Martínez

hippo

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we don't make Europe next season it will be difficult to keep him.

I don't know about that.

The clubs above us all have number 1 keepers sorted and can't imagine Emi would leave unless he was guaranteed the number 1 shirt.

Spurs maybe. But they wouldn't pay for him.

3 hours ago, lp_villa830 said:

Faultless once again. 

Going to be some big clubs knocking on our door soon. 

I Dont think so, all the top clubs in Europe have the goalkeeping position set or have highly expensive keepers who are still OK that they cant afford to sell

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I feel so safe everytime when we are trying to maintain the clean sheet in the final minutes.  What's the clean sheet record? Does Martinez have a shot?

I think he is 2 from Freidels record

Not many of the top European clubs that need a new keeper and even fewer who can afford PL players.

Atletico Madrid are the only ones I can think of and that is IF they sell Oblak. PSG maybe if they think Navas is too old.

Chelsea are looking at Oblak or Donnarumma and I suspect those would be the ones PSG look at too if they are in the market.

I don’t buy the idea we should fear losing him, Emi is a true professional and wants to repay the faith put in him. I know after years of failure and mediocrity, it feels weird, but we’ve made such big progress that we aren’t that club we used to be. Emi gets to be a foundational stone at this club and the ambition we have will continue to push him to want to stay and build something here. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

It would cost crazy money for any club to buy him from us now. Really don't think there's any chance of him leaving, especially with clubs not doing too well financially since COVID etc.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It would cost crazy money for any club to buy him from us now. Really don't think there's any chance of him leaving, especially with clubs not doing too well financially since COVID etc.

My thought as well, who's going to put up the money to buy him and I also think he will show some loyalty given the journey hes had. 

Think we got our answer on why Arsenal sold Emi. First year in the red for the last ten was 2019 and then COVID hit. Selling Emi was their one move they had to balance the books. 

On 07/03/2021 at 00:18, AVFC44 said:

I don't know about that.

The clubs above us all have number 1 keepers sorted and can't imagine Emi would leave unless he was guaranteed the number 1 shirt.

Spurs maybe. But they wouldn't pay for him.

We are already ' selling ' players, who willingly came to a team which survived relegation by 1 point, because we haven't made Europe in their first season. Lol

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Think we got our answer on why Arsenal sold Emi. First year in the red for the last ten was 2019 and then COVID hit. Selling Emi was their one move they had to balance the books. 

They then spent 500k a week on Willian and Aubameyang 😂

On 06/03/2021 at 21:03, villalad21 said:

If we don't make Europe next season it will be difficult to keep him.

I'm sure some don't understand contracts or the Owners we have, we must just fetch players in to let the go soon as a club comes sniffing.

People on this site don't half get daft on this whole it will be difficult to keep a player if we don't see Europe or once a big offer comes in they will be off nonsense.

One- While under contract we are not forced to sell players.

Two- If we don't see Europe any player under contract doesn't have to be sold.

Three- If big clubs offer Money while under contract the club and Owners can say no.

Four-  While under contract if a player is unhappy which I doubt any of the first eleven are the Owners can say your not being sold.

Five- we have two Owners, Purslow, Smith and Lange who I'm sure between them all can tie these players up in contract for life if they want it so.

Emi has often said he wants to repay the trust Villa showed him. I can't see him wanting to leave after 1 year even if we do miss out on Europe. These players know we're building something 

1 hour ago, 5-1 said:

These players know we're building something 

But we need to see progression every season in order to keep them.

This is why we lost the likes of Milner and Barry in the past. We just couldn't get over the line and match their ambitions.

Â