Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I feel so safe everytime when we are trying to maintain the clean sheet in the final minutes.  What's the clean sheet record? Does Martinez have a shot?

How the fook does a 6 ft 4 guy built like a heavyweight boxer have the reflexes of a wasp. Genetic freak and a wonderful person on top. How many points won by him  this season due to outrageous goalkeeping ? 

Sheff utd H 2 points. 

Arsenal H 2 points 

Brighton A 1 ppint 

Southampton A 3 points

Wolves A 1 point 

Wolves H 1 point 

Thats what i can think of so far and i am pretty pissed ! 

that roll out that nearly got us in trouble was a bit iffy....

However, world class save, steady as usual, amazing keeper.

I think he is one of the few players within our squad that is top 6 standard ready, no need to worry about our GK position for the next few years!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

that roll out that nearly got us in trouble was a bit iffy....

However, world class save, steady as usual, amazing keeper.

I think he is one of the few players within our squad that is top 6 standard ready, no need to worry about our GK position for the next few years!

I was happy with Heaton's level last season but Emi is just different level compared to him. Proper match winning or saving keeper with what he can keep out while Heaton's more of a solid 7/10 in all aspects.

Guess Tom will want to move on next season as he wasn't content to stay at Burnley when Pope established himself as number one after injury so a bit of deja vu there.

I'd hold off from getting in a replacement though as Steer would probably just become back up again and he hasn't let us down in the past when he's come in for games.

Also the kid in goal for the Liverpool cup match looked a decent prospect so have to bare in mind him coming through. Sure Cutler's got it all sorted.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

He is far better than Heaton and Heaton is class. It just happens to be like comparing Danny Ings and Lionel Messi. 

Martinez is one of the if not the best keeper in the world and I honestly believe that. I barely see how he could be any better and therefore that does make me wonder if he is just the best? I don’t see how e.g. Neuer would be better. 

Edited by Spoony

Â