Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Everyone else is much easier to replace if we do get a good offer for them. 

Kamara would be a nightmare to replace. A borderline world class player at a mid table club.

• Like 1

So, going back severfal pages here.  there are interesting debates on club success strategies, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of the Emiliano Goalkeeper Fellow?

I here he's pretty good, but like most of us, he can sometimes get a little too full of himself and act like a fool.

Emi understandably won the best keeper in the world award thanks to his great performance in the world cup but... since his resumption with us I don't think he's performed like the best keeper in the world... just now he was rounded yet again (the Zaha disallowed goal for fractional offside) following the same thing at least two times v Leicester which resulted in actual goals (I admit I can't remember if it was two or three of their goals that were from a player going around him). He's got to sort this out maybe? Perhaps he needs to work on this more in training? I'm a bit surprised because I don't remember this happening to him in the world cup.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Independiente, they're my Argentinian team as I was with their fans in their rowdy Holte End equivalent in the only match in Argentina that I've been to. As they were at home it was in Buenos Aires. Back in 2007 v Lanus and Independiente won 1-0. What an atmosphere it was !

• Like 2

Good goalkeeper and very happy to have him. Delighted he won his award due to his performance in Qatar but best keeper in the world?

Sorry but not a chance. Still, hope we keep him next season as we won't find a better keeper that: A, would come to a bottom half club and B, we could afford within FFP.

Hopefully he will give us one more season. 

On 05/03/2023 at 15:57, Brumstopdogs said:

I thought that was a kid in a wooly hat being cuddled by his Mum, then you realise it's a grown man 😄 Great video.

Talking of great videos, his save in the World Cup final popped up earlier on my youtube, what a **** moment that was.  I'd be as gutted as when Jack and Dean went if he ever got sold.

• Like 2

Emi seemed to struggle a bit with West Ham’s corners today, to be fair they were crowding round him and he had no space. His passing was decent and he was out quickly on a few occasions to snuff out attacks from their constant diagonals. Other than that he didn’t have a lot to do save wise. 

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

"Tottenham have specific interest in Dibu Martinez and may make an offer in the coming weeks."

I would be astonished if anything serious came out if this. Spurs can’t afford to spend the money we could demand on a goal keeper. I’m sure they might offer £30 million as a gesture to the fans to show they are “trying” but the £70-80+ million that he would actually cost not a chance 

• Like 2

I see that Emi has auctioned his gloves from the World Cup Final. Their sale raised $45,000 (£37,000) that will go to the oncology ward at the Garrahan Hospital in Buenos Aires. The Argentine Pediatric Foundation have posted on Instagram “$45,000 for the Dibu gloves to help the Garrahan boys". Emi has said, “The World Cup finals are not played every day, [the gloves] are special. But it helps a child much more than me having them hanging in a frame in my house."

Link below (warning Birmingham Live): 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-keeper-emi-martinez-26468253#

• Like 1

Spurs offer would be something like a 3 year loan with option to buy while only paying the salary he's currently on, if that.

Also:

Emiliano Martinez auctions off his World Cup final gloves to raise money for children with cancer

Emiliano Martinez has auctioned off the gloves he wore in last winter's World Cup final to raise over $45,000 [£37,000] for children with cancer.

The 30-year-old Argentina goalkeeper played an integral role in La Albiceleste's win against France, making a crucial last-minute save to stop Kolo Muani.

He went on to stop Kingsley Coman's penalty during a tense shoot-out, where he used a series of mind games to try and drain the opposition of confidence.

And it worked. Lionel Scaloni's side lifted the World Cup trophy, with Martinez being named Golden Glove winner after an impressive tournament in Qatar.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/argentina-emiliano-martinez-world-cup-final-gloves-auction-333554-20230314

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Spurs offer would be something like a 3 year loan with option to buy while only paying the salary he's currently on, if that.

Best and final offer is two hospitality tickets to their NFL game, and Josh Onomah

• Like 2

Â