Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He didn’t save the Fernandez one but definitely got in to his head. I think he saved a couple that were put in as rebounds too.

palace and Arsenal I seem to recall he saved pens that the rebounds were put away 

the Indie reckon

Of 59 penalties faced by Martinez in regulation and shoot-outs combined, excluding friendly shoot-outs, he has saved 13 and seen five missed outright.

The remaining 41 were scored, giving the penalty takers a 69.5 per cent success rate.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Legendary teams contain legends - so glad he appears to be fully committed. 

Love this.

To have a legendary team, we need legends.

For me... Tyrone, Martinez, potentially Luiz and Kamara.

It's so exciting!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I love Emi but what’s weird about this stat is it basically suggests all our long-term keepers (apart from Guzan) keep about the same number of clean sheets whether we are chasing Europe or bottom half. That said for Emi to do it when his 100 games include Gerrard’s tenure is remarkable. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, turvontour said:

So just the Benrahma penalty conceded in his last 7 games for Villa and Argentina.

even more specific the previous 2 goals before that, one hit his back and the other he went up for a 96th minute corner

Noticed that the majority of his saves last night was at the near post. Hope they’ve been training to let him have a clearer sight at the near post (narrow angle and easier save) and defenders blocking the far post. 

Â