Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I see that Harry Rednapp has included Emi in his team of the weekend (as well as Mings, Moreno and Ramsey - I always thought that Harry knew his stuff;)). He said of Emi,  “Villa have been in great form recently and Emi Martinez has been at the heart of it, he’s got to be in my side, his distribution was top-class against Bournemouth, and he dealt with everything that came his way. There’s not many better keepers in the league when he’s in this form.” None perhaps Harry, in the PL or anywhere else in the world?

Link (beware Birmingham Live!):  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-harry-redknapp-prediction-26515557

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Interview on official site. Loves the club, family happy, his son plays for our under-6's academy.

Was about to post similar to this, nothing suggests he wants to leave for "better" things any time soon. We don't need the money so no reason for any panic when Levy comes in with £50 plus Lloris offer

8 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Awesome

"Still a werse atmerspeer than down the kop end onna uuuuurapeeean nyyght"

Said "big" Lyndsey Duncan, of 8 Emmet Avenue, Liverpool - Reds season ticket holder for 44 years YNWA. 

On 12/03/2023 at 23:42, Tom13 said:

"Tottenham have specific interest in Dibu Martinez and may make an offer in the coming weeks."

Can't wait for this. I bet it's Brandon Austin plus 2m

• Haha 1

On 15/03/2023 at 17:19, Zatman said:

With Villa goggles off we would not get 50 million for Emi 

We may not get it, but that's what it would cost, and more.

He's an established and proven top level goalkeeper, he's in his prime, he has years on his contract, he's just won the world cup and has been officially named the world's best goakeeper.

Now I actually think his reputation is greater than his ability. But regardless, if somebody want to buy Martinez then there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be a world record fee (for a keeper)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

The way Messi looks at Martinez about one minute into the video.. the fella genuinely loves him.

Agreed, I feel he OWE’s him a last hurrah in the PL trying to get the mighty Villa into the Europa Conference League. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We may not get it, but that's what it would cost, and more.

He's an established and proven top level goalkeeper, he's in his prime, he has years on his contract, he's just won the world cup and has been officially named the world's best goakeeper.

Now I actually think his reputation is greater than his ability. But regardless, if somebody want to buy Martinez then there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be a world record fee (for a keeper)

How much was that Kepa bloke that went to Chelsea, I've not got Villa goggles on but he aint nowhere near as good as Emi. Spurs can do.one, they ain't gonna win owt anyway

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he just say he is happy here and his family are happy here and he hopes for many more years ?

Yup. 

The hope in "hopes for many more years" is basically whether we progress quick enough.  If we look at what Emery has done so far I don't see him changing his mind on that one this season.  Nor then the season after if we qualify for Europe. Its about constant progression.

A silly money bid is the only way he's moving, and even then I doubt he'd force the matter. 

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yup. 

The hope in "hopes for many more years" is basically whether we progress quick enough.  If we look at what Emery has done so far I don't see him changing his mind on that one this season.  Nor then the season after if we qualify for Europe. Its about constant progression.

A silly money bid is the only way he's moving, and even then I doubt he'd force the matter. 

The one thing I hear from him a lot is his family are happy. I think this is very important to him.. He really doesn’t want to uproot them so I don’t think theres any chance he goes abroad. 

If we sold Emi this summer I’m confident it would be for £70M+.

He’s FIFA’s number one keeper for the year, a World Cup winner on a long contract and us with no desire to sell. It would have to be a mammoth offer for him to leave, and there’s precedent already with Chelsea spending big on keepers. Look at what £50M gets you these days, of course he’d go for more.

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The one thing I hear from him a lot is his family are happy. I think this is very important to him.. He really doesn’t want to uproot them so I don’t think theres any chance he goes abroad. 

Yep. He  isnt the normal south american who might end up where his agent says . And he isnt a fish out of water in england as he has spent his whole adult life here. He met his wife in the Uk. She has her business here  . The kids will have been brought up speaking English . Never say never but its not going to be the likes of Spurs who could turn his head. It would be one of the big big teams . A bayern a barcelona a psg a juventus or milan  . 

Â