Emiliano Martínez

hippo

His composure is quite excellent. Like some of the Arsenal fans said when we signed him, it’s like his hands are magnetic for a good three quarters of everything that comes his way. 

Even when he has a lapse in concentration, he tends to block rather than catch, so he’s still keeping the ball out of the net. 

So assured and gives those in front of him a level of confidence to do their jobs and not worry about having to bail him out.

I actually think that this guy is the best of a group of really good signings. He makes key saves at key times that actually result in us picking up points. We lose/draw to Sheff U without his brilliance and maybe draw against Liverpool if not for his first half saves at key times. What a difference. Great character/human being too. Love him.

looks so assured, absolutely brilliant signing.

amazing that we will have Martinez AND Heaton as backup, probably our strongest position in terms of depth when Heaton is fit :P

Edited by MaVilla

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Has anyone else seen martinez's insta post with cash, Luiz and Wesley. Mcginn is in the background playing with his nob again

Screenshot_20201005_134637_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

He always seems to be with Matty Cash. Looks like they're striking up a solid friendship.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Was good when he held the ball straight up in the air just before half-time. I have no idea what he was doing, but I liked it.

uv6xXZR.jpg

Yes, I was bemused by that also.

On 04/10/2020 at 05:45, cheltenham_villa said:

Odd to mention it, no ask for it, is this the expectation weve sold martinez, watkins, barkley

Think it’s more the sort of expectation elite players set for themselves.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

looks so assured, absolutely brilliant signing.

amazing that we will have Martinez AND Heaton as backup, probably our strongest position in terms of depth when Heaton is fit :P

Until January if Heaton can find himself a move, which may be hard at his age. But then we still have Steer and Kalinic. And Martinez is a great number one. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Was good when he held the ball straight up in the air just before half-time. I have no idea what he was doing, but I liked it.

uv6xXZR.jpg

He seemed uncomfortable about something and it was a very awkward position he found himself in so maybe he just wanted to get his bearings correctly? Whatever it was Mings picked up on it and put a gentle hand behind his back to prevent any topple backwards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Whatever it was Mings picked up on it and put a gentle hand behind his back to prevent any topple backwards.

Thats good to see from Mings - the team looking out for each other with the smallest details

• Like 1

Â