Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

Some Bournemouth forum comments which I agree with

"I don't think 15m is to far off, we need him off our wage bill and it's no good for either party to keep him here. He was awful last season and keeping him in the team cost us our premier league place imo. I like villa as a club and hope he improves for them but I can't see it."

"I'd snap their hands off at 15million.
I don't think he has it in him.
Failed for us when we needed character."

• Like 1

If Wilson does come here, he strikes me as the type of striker that thrives off service. Wilson and Grealish would link up well for me, providing that we do keep hold of Grealish too of course. Wilson always come across as a bit arrogant to me on the pitch for me, I don’t know if others think this too. For me, if a striker is a bit arrogant then it is a good thing, all top players have it

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If Wilson does come here, he strikes me as the type of striker that thrives off service. Wilson and Grealish would link up well for me, providing that we do keep hold of Grealish too of course. Wilson always come across as a bit arrogant to me on the pitch for me, I don’t know if others think this too. For me, if a striker is a bit arrogant then it is a good thing, all top players have it

A striker that thrives off service? Whatever next? 

If we get him for 17 million, he provides three seasons worth of good service and retains our league status, it’s probably a pretty smart signing.

Not one that excites me, I’d hoped for more imagination but I can see it’s merits.

33 minutes ago, Morkery said:

If we get him for 17 million, he provides three seasons worth of good service and retains our league status, it’s probably a pretty smart signing.

Not one that excites me, I’d hoped for more imagination but I can see it’s merits.

A few million less I'd be ok but not 20 million on 75k a week and 2-3 years tops. Not more for 28 year old with 2 dodgy knees 

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some Bournemouth forum comments which I agree with

"I don't think 15m is to far off, we need him off our wage bill and it's no good for either party to keep him here. He was awful last season and keeping him in the team cost us our premier league place imo. I like villa as a club and hope he improves for them but I can't see it."

"I'd snap their hands off at 15million.
I don't think he has it in him.
Failed for us when we needed character."

See, this is my hunch too, but if there's one thing we all know about football it's that it's a funny old game and unpredictable outcomes are actually fairly common. If the recruitment team think he still has plenty to offer, I think he's worth a punt.

Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scene to improve his fortunes and it will further help if he has extra motive to prove himself, like fighting to get his England place back and dismissing the criticism of the Bournemouth fan originally quoted.

There's also the advantage of joining and not having the pressure of being solely responsibile for scoring our goals if Watkins signs, which should also help. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver

12 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

See, this is my hunch too, but if there's one thing we all know about football it's that it's a funny old game and unpredictable outcomes are actually fairly common. If the recruitment team think he still has plenty to offer, I think he's worth a punt.

Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scene to improve his fortunes and it will further help if he has extra motive to prove himself, like fighting to get his England place back and dismissing the criticism of the Bournemouth fan originally quoted.

There's also the advantage of joining and not having the pressure of being solely responsibile for scoring our goals if Watkins signs, which should also help. 

Should've made clearer. That was 2 different posters on same page. Didn't look for any more

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Should've made clearer. That was 2 different posters on same page. Didn't look for any more

Sure, but the point stands. I would expect Bournemouth fans to be fed up with him after they went down, but that won't be all his fault. A new challenge could be what he needs. We'll see, I guess.

Dean Smith: "You're a once in a generation talent at the club you supported as a boy. Stay and we'll show our ambition and build a team around you."

Jack: "Sounds great boss. Who you brining in up top?"

DS: "Callum Wilson from Bournemouth."

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I think Wilson will be a good addition, alongside Watkins they will both improve our forward line, which at the minute consists of a crocked Wesley, Davis who hasn't scored a league goal since God was a lad and Samagoal... Well, samanogoal... 

We won't play 2 up front and Watkins better central so would Wilson come to fight for a spot? Rather splash the cash and get Benrahma and Watkins

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We won't play 2 up front and Watkins better central so would Wilson come to fight for a spot? Rather splash the cash and get Benrahma and Watkins

We need better CF's than we have and Wilson is better (much better) than we currently have, as long as he comes in addition to either Watkins or Edouard or a n other I'll be happy. And with Wesley as a 3rd choice we'll have a decent enough bunch of strikers.

Just now, zab6359 said:

We need better CF's than we have and Wilson is better (much better) than we currently have, as long as he comes in addition to either Watkins or Edouard or a n other I'll be happy. And with Wesley as a 3rd choice we'll have a decent enough bunch of strikers.

Agree with this, we need to build a squad of competent players with a range of options and formations. He improves us for a relatively low fee. Sign him up and get another.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have to agree. I’m not even convinced on Watkins either if I’m being honest at the fee they are asking for. That said we do need pace urgently in the team so my pick would be Benrahma and Watkins too. 

Edited by dudevillaisnice