Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even Newcastle are a more attractive proposition than we are. Jesus.

No they're not. And Jesus never said that either.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even Newcastle are a more attractive proposition than we are. Jesus.

I had heard it said before that he apparently doesn’t like Villa which would make sense if he’s from Coventry.  Bunch of weirdos that they are.

Hope he goes there tbh especially at £21m.  Might force us to be a bit more inventive with our striker search too.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think that as he is a Coventry lad, it makes sense that he'd prefer Newcastle. 

For me, I wouldn't mind missing out on him. I really can't tell if he's finished as a player or not and 21m is a lot more than I think we should be spending on someone like him.

£21m gets you Patson Daka. Allegedly his release clause is around that much. He is as good as Haaland.  F##k the other teams that are after him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

£21m gets you Patson Daka. Allegedly his release clause is around that much. He is as good as Haaland.  F##k the other teams that are after him.

It allows a small number of elite clubs the chance to sign him, because there's no way if I were him that I'd be leaving for a team that just scraped a relegation battle when I know I could go to a more settled, proven outfit who play European football.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It allows a small number of elite clubs the chance to sign him, because there's no way if I were him that I'd be leaving for a team that just scraped a relegation battle when I know I could go to a more settled, proven outfit who play European football.

The point is this calibre of player is available if we widen the net for the same outlay as a below average overpaid 'established' premier League striker.

Edited by Sulberto21
Grammar police
  • Like 2

Not fussed with Wilson. He's potentially decent if serviced but I think we can do better.

I'm not sure we're after him at all but if we are, and we really want him, we can beat Newcastle to him.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

My only worry is that if we don't land Wilson or Watkins soon and with the Sheffield United game 2 weeks ago, we'll pluck some fella from an obscure league in Europe.

****. I missed it. Did we win?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He’s the Newcastle contact in the media, not sure how much weight there is behind the ‘Newcastle preference’ doubt we’d be chasing him if he told us he wasn’t interested. 

Edited by villan-scott

Just now, villan-scott said:

He’s the Newcastle contact, not sure how much weight there is behind the ‘Newcastle preference’ doubt we’d be chasing him if he told us he wasn’t interested. 

Well of course he'd be interested - I'm sure he'd much rather come to us than stay at Bournemouth, but maybe he prefers Newcastle? As I said, he's a Coventry lad.