Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Thankfully Ollie is a humble bloke, and not ego driven demanding he plays in the CL to cement an England starting spot. We have a top player who will keep getting better, I think going away with England will benefit him and us in the long run. Hopefully he can outshine Harold Kane on Sunday, and in training on International duty.

Second choice centre forward considering everyone is fit is a great achievement for him.

I think if the England squad and system wasn’t built around Kane he’d probably be a better fit for the team in a greater than the sum of its parts sense, but that’s another story.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 09:49, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

BBC Sports gossip section says he is on a " list of options " for Tottenham. lol

If it's Spurs I'm not worried. We don't make deals with teams for monopoly money, snacks, or a whippet that Levy bought from a bloke in the pub. 

On 28/09/2021 at 11:15, birdman said:

Although Ollie's first touch needs work and he dithers on the ball a little too long I suspect its just a confidence thing at the moment. He can score plenty of goals just needs a kick start. 

Ollies biggest problem is also his biggest strength. He's self critical almost to a fault. He's the epitome of a confidence player. Once he gets a couple of goals he'll be beastmode. 

• Like 1

Not worried about Ollie's head getting turned. Seems like the type not to get carried away and like he'd be pretty good at visualising the path laid out before him at Villa. Hopefully he can get a good outing and bang a few in to secure a place for himself. Well deserved for Ollie and I think he's more likely than not to be well in the frame come World Cup time if he can continue his trajectory. Just hope the worst doesn't happen and he gets put out for a spell with an injury away from the club.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Good news. Southgate was at the United game so clearly impressed. 

**** Bamford was never getting that spot on a regular basis. 

Muppet probably will claim he taught Ollie how to finish when he goes on a scoring streak

Watkins is a great player for us but we’re not talking about a Jack Grealish level player here. 

He can be replaced. It might cost a lot to do it, but there will be players out there that can do what he does who will want to join us.

Replacing JG was impossible because the best players in Europe aren’t in a rush to join us. Especially ones that cost 100m. He was irreplaceable to us as he would be to any team. 

If Watkins leaves in the future, so be it, it will be for a lot of money and we’ll improve as a result.

• Like 2

Â