Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

19 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

When everybody was going on about Benrahma I said Watkins was the best player at Brentford. Apple's and Oranges though.

And we wont get carried away. Liverpool were bad at the back, but we made them look bad too by using our brains and punishing their reliance on high line defending. Many have tried. Few have succeeded.

Well if Ollie performs this well, how good is Benrahma? Sign him up! Reunite them!

• Like 1

Couldn’t be happier for him great example for young players to get their heads down a train hard.His attitude is brilliant he don’t get involved in any verbal nonesense and his disciplinary record is exceptional and very important as you don’t want to lose a top striker through suspension.On a selfish level the 6 mill add ons must be looking very achievable.

Villa stay up,     Tick 

appearances.  Tick  

goals scored.  Tick 

England cap.   Tick 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Couldn’t be happier for him great example for young players to get their heads down a train hard.His attitude is brilliant he don’t get involved in any verbal nonesense and his disciplinary record is exceptional and very important as you don’t want to lose a top striker through suspension.On a selfish level the 6 mill add ons must be looking very achievable.

Villa stay up,     Tick 

appearances.  Tick  

goals scored.  Tick 

England cap.   Tick 

It’s totally exceeded my expectations. I expected him to be decent. But what I’ve seen so far is like the complete striker. 

Who said you can’t sign qualify players from the championship? Also if the opening games are anything to go by I’m glad we missed out on Maupay and got this lad a year later! 

• Like 1

Already loving this guy. His work rate is absolutely incredible. His hold up play is fantastic. His finishing is brilliant. His movement is extremely clever. 

He looks like a club record bargain, even after the opening 2 games I thought the same. He's only going to get better too. Playing more alongside Barkley and jack and learning from them too. Couldn't be more excited by this guy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s totally exceeded my expectations. I expected him to be decent. But what I’ve seen so far is like the complete striker. 

Who said you can’t sign qualify players from the championship? Also if the opening games are anything to go by I’m glad we missed out on Maupay and got this lad a year later! 

I agree with that! I had faith that he'd be good, but I didn't realise how good. 

He can score with both feet and his head. He can hold onto the ball under pressure. He can carry the ball and beat players. He intelligently finds space all the time. His offside trap awareness seems to be top notch. He's quick. He's even good at getting back and winning the ball. 

£28m looks to be an absolute bargain so far. 

He really does look like he can do it all. 

• Like 2

What an amazing performance! He had five shots but didn't put a single one over the bar or wide of the post:

3 of them in the net, one well saved by the keeper and the other against the bar.

Superb !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Villa stay up,     Tick 

appearances.  Tick  

goals scored.  Tick 

England cap.   Tick 

michael douglas high quality GIF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Villa stay up,     Tick 

appearances.  Tick  

goals scored.  Tick 

England cap.   Tick 

I wonder if we're entitled to 20% of those add ons?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

On a selfish level the 6 mill add ons must be looking very achievable.

Villa stay up,     Tick 

appearances.  Tick  

goals scored.  Tick 

England cap.   Tick 

Sorry, Southgate will make sure that last tick doesn't happen.

Only the 4.5m for you.  Still, bargain for 31.5m ;)

Edited by MrBlack

If Phillips can get in the England squad based on his championship form then I don't see why Watkins who was player of the season in the championship and has made an excellent start to this season can't be considered.

• Like 2

Â