Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Ollie after his Hatrick

Seems like a great guy, I watched his interview on SKY and thought exactly the same thing.

You just want people like this to succeed.

The confidence Watkins will have now will be good; in that form he will be confident of scoring in every game.

The creativity we have in the front three alone is frightening then add in Barkley, McGinn and Luiz too!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seems like a great guy, I watched his interview on SKY and thought exactly the same thing.

You just want people like this to succeed.

The confidence Watkins will have now will be good; in that form he will be confident of scoring in every game.

The creativity we have in the front three alone is frightening then add in Barkley, McGinn and Luiz too!

I loved how hes willing to give others recognition that he knows that they normally wouldnt get, the way he gives McGinn some love because of his hard work.

Last season I raved about the wolves front free, this season I'm looking at our front three and thinking damn do we have such firepower.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Wesley and Davis just yet, they are younger and much more inexperienced than Watkins.

It seems crazy to say it as Watkins is so young but Wesley and Davies will hopefully learn from him!

If Ollie and the team can now go do this against utd, jesus will I be loving it to go to my glory supporting Manchester united mate and stick it to him.

I'd already griefed him other night over letting 6 in.

Ollie shows what we have missed since Tammy, hes so calm, so focused so hell bent on getting a next goal that his drive and determination as well as hunger are a force alone  Opposition struggle with strikers like them because they help the team out so much all over the pitch, they are dangerous in every way that you take your eye off them and bam theres a goal.

Ollie's speed and reaction make him a tough guy to mark let alone keep on the radar, if Dijk had troubles against him then there isnt much that's going to stop him. I think if he carrys on scoring, teams are going to have to make a touch choice, which is do we put an extra man on this guy making two on Ollie. Problem with putting an extra man on Ollie, they then have Grealish to deal with or Barkley. Teams now have to struggle to commit players to our lads because we have a few who need more than one markers, that alone makes gaps.

We should be buying Barkley to go alongside Ollie and Grealish with out a doubt. Those three fit together Grealish, Barkley and Ollie and at some point they will have another in Traore to deal with, that's scary, players will lose there heads and not be able to cope.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If Ollie and the team can now go do this against utd, jesus will I be loving it to go to my glory supporting Manchester united mate and stick it to him.

I'd already griefed him other night over letting 6 in.

Ollie shows what we have missed since Tammy, hes so calm, so focused so hell bent on getting a next goal that his drive and determination as well as hunger are a force alone  Opposition struggle with strikers like them because they help the team out so much all over the pitch, they are dangerous in every way that you take your eye off them and bam theres a goal.

Ollie's speed and reaction make him a tough guy to mark let alone keep on the radar, if Dijk had troubles against him then there isnt much that's going to stop him. I think if he carrys on scoring, teams are going to have to make a touch choice, which is do we put an extra man on this guy making two on Ollie. Problem with putting an extra man on Ollie, they then have Grealish to deal with or Barkley. Teams now have to struggle to commit players to our lads because we have a few who need more than one markers, that alone makes gaps.

We should be buying Barkley to go alongside Ollie and Grealish with out a doubt. Those three fit together Grealish, Barkley and Ollie and at some point they will have another in Traore to deal with, that's scary, players will lose there heads and not be able to cope.

With Manure the battle is won through the middle their CB's are woeful so I would load the centre of the park against them and we have to stop Bruno. Cavani for a season at least might give them a new dimension. But thankfully they have Ole. I'm calling it now we're going to do them in one game this season.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Wesley and Davis just yet, they are younger and much more inexperienced than Watkins.

It seems crazy to say it as Watkins is so young but Wesley and Davies will hopefully learn from him!

For me especially Wesley, if he manages to make a healthy return from his ACL injury I think he could be a big player for us and a bit different as well from Watkins.

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

With Manure the battle is won through the middle their CB's are woeful so I would load the centre of the park against them and we have to stop Bruno. Cavani for a season at least might give them a new dimension. But thankfully they have Ole. I'm calling it now we're going to do them in one game this season.

Yeah Maguire is looking a liability and half at the moment that I would bet on our team Ruining Utd because of him alone. 

I will go one further than you and say that both games we play United this season we will win, I'm that confident about our lads.

I've a feeling that United will look to sign some  big names excellent defender come next window since they will have tons of money to throw at the situation. We ourselves should look to adding to our side on the bench and add options next window, but we have to pay attention to what clubs are adding and look for players with special abilities who can dismantle and Nulify those signed players by the other clubs in this league. 

25 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I've a feeling that United will look to sign some  big names excellent defender come next window since they will have tons of money to throw at the situation. We ourselves should look to adding to our side on the bench and add options next window, but we have to pay attention to what clubs are adding and look for players with special abilities who can dismantle and Nulify those signed players by the other clubs in this league. 

At least from the outside, it looks like Utd is a toxic place to be atm. The players who will go there will be bloodsuckers and not give them the backbone or moral fibre they need. Throwing money at the situation hasn’t worked and won’t work. They’re all waiting for Ole to be sacked. 

Contrast that with the sorts of players we have brought in at Villa and the difference is startling. Not only are we buying talent, but they’re clearly brilliant characters. I’m not suggesting any of our squad will win a Nobel peace prize, but we’re actually building a team. Ollie is a great example.

For Utd: the only way is down. For us, we’re on the up. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

At least from the outside, it looks like Utd is a toxic place to be atm. The players who will go there will be bloodsuckers and not give them the backbone or moral fibre they need. Throwing money at the situation hasn’t worked and won’t work. They’re all waiting for Ole to be sacked. 

Contrast that with the sorts of players we have brought in at Villa and the difference is startling. Not only are we buying talent, but they’re clearly brilliant characters. I’m not suggesting any of our squad will win a Nobel peace prize, but we’re actually building a team. Ollie is a great example.

For Utd: the only way is down. For us, we’re on the up. 

It comes across as all player power there, Ole sits in the stands with his legs crossed watching a monitor instead using his technical area , comes across as a very uninspiring man, but yes the fact that we look into the character of our signings is great 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Wesley and Davis will never be able to offer what watkins can. 

They could play their part and offer something different but neither of them are close to the quality of Watkins. 

Watkins holds the ball up better than both of them, is faster than both of them, runs with the ball better than both of them and clearly scores goals better than both of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

They could play their part and offer something different but neither of them are close to the quality of Watkins. 

Watkins holds the ball up better than both of them, is faster than both of them, runs with the ball better than both of them and clearly scores goals better than both of them.

Ollie seems to have a superb footballing brain: searches out space and gets his head up. Watching that video of his second goal against Liverpool, what’s struck me was how he was constantly looking around. He then had the confidence and ability to decide to go it alone! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not writing off Wesley at all, but age wise:

Watkins - 24

Wesley - 23

Davis - 22

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't believe I said they could....here's what I actually said: ..."they are younger and much more inexperienced than Watkins."

..."Wesley and Davies will hopefully learn from him!"

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Not writing off Wesley at all, but age wise:

Watkins - 24

Wesley - 23

Davis - 22

Yep younger...

There is no argument here....

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I don't believe I said they could....here's what I actually said: ..."they are younger and much more inexperienced than Watkins."

..."Wesley and Davies will hopefully learn from him!"

Yep younger...

There is no argument here....

I know what you said. I disagreed. I don't think either of them will ever be able to do the things Watkins can at the same level. 

Davis maybe with some of his hold up play. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I know what you said. I disagreed. I don't think either of them will ever be able to do the things Watkins can at the same level. 

Davis maybe with some of his hold up play. 

Nah. Now pay attention...

When did I ever say either of them could be better? I didn't, so you don't clearly know what I said at all....I said they could learn from Watkins.

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nah. Now pay attention...

When did I ever say either of them could be better? I didn't, so you don't clearly know what I said at all....I said they could learn from Watkins.

Haha wow. Don't take it so personally. 

I never once said that you did say they could  be better. I said I don't think they'll ever be able to do the things Watkins can, which is in response to the suggestion they can learn from him. 

Didn't think it was that big of a deal response. 

Â