Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha wow. Don't take it so personally. 

I never once said that you did say they could  be better. I said I don't think they'll ever be able to do the things Watkins can, which is in response to the suggestion they can learn from him. 

Didn't think it was that big of a deal response. 

Wittgenstein once proclaimed words are often found to complicate things so much...

I was just trying to make it simplistic as I you seemed to misinterpret me.

Watkins looks exceptional, Wesley was an inexperienced and much younger player thrust into the PL and expected to perform and I think (and hope) he could be great. Davis sure has a lot to do but he can learn a great deal from Wesley and Davis.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Not writing off Wesley at all, but age wise:

Watkins - 24

Wesley - 23

Davis - 22

Absolutely scary that outside of Ming's, Trez, and Martinez no one else in our starting 11 has even entered their athletic prime for a footballer.   

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Absolutely scary that outside of Ming's, Trez, and Martinez no one else in our starting 11 has even entered their athletic prime for a footballer.   

You are correct, they all of that age where they can hopefully continue to improve together...

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Who says that Mings, trez and Martinez ain’t reached their prime yet. 

28 is just a benchmark 

7 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Didn’t even consider this. So Mings was our oldest outfield player at 27? Wow the future is looking bright. 

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm still really annoyed he didn't get 4 :lol: 

How'd he miss the 1 on 1?! 

Ace Ventura GIF - Ace Ventura Spear GIFs

It’s refreshing that you are saying this after we’ve signed the likes of Helenius and Kozak in recent times and they have failed to live up to expectations and their price tag. Watkins has made a great start to his Villa career and I think he will only get better, he’s not even close to his peak age

7 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm still really annoyed he didn't get 4 :lol: 

How'd he miss the 1 on 1?! 

Ace Ventura GIF - Ace Ventura Spear GIFs

He is too. Well at least he was at the time. He said so in his post match interview - mentioned he could have had 5. The one that hit the crossbar he put down as unlucky, and the one on one he said himself that he should be scoring that. I liked that a lot - scored a hat-trick, came off and said "I should have scored the other chance".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if he gets a little toe on the ball rather than good contact he scores instead of hitting the bar too

Adrian being on the other side of the goal when he hits that shot always makes me laugh.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I don't mind the volley effort, something was better than nothing, but he's GOT to be scoring the 1v1 

I know it's so nitpicky, but it proper VEXED me Bois.

What's funny is that was probably the easiest chance he had all night.

From other angles and in slow mo, you could also say it was good work by the keeper to be fair.

• Like 1

Right age, right mentality, right personality.  Strong, mobile and positionally aware whilst creating and finishing chances.

Dean is building an exciting young team that will develop and grow together.  Appreciate we are only three games in but for the first time in a good while we have reasons to be optimistic.

Â